HID halogen conversion in the GN

threadstarter, i think it would benefit your kit greatly to offer it with proper housings. i have experience with the product on your car and there are some downsides. let me know if you want more details. not trying to **** on your thread, just wanted to help.

threadstarter, i think it would benefit your kit greatly to offer it with proper housings. i have experience with the product on your car and there are some downsides. let me know if you want more details. not trying to **** on your thread, just wanted to help.
We'll I will tell you I just put the lamps ,ballasts and all the wiring for the low&high beams and everything plugged in no splicing at all....I don't No what you ran across but mine were a plug and play setup using the h4 hid conversion kit......Here are the pics side by side from HID to factory...Also they have a little blue 6watt bulb you can wire into your running light to give your headlight some color when the hid's are not on......I like that as well here are the pics enjoy any questions fire away....thanks Tim

Attachments

• SIDE BY SIDE.jpg
    SIDE BY SIDE.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 461
  • running lights.jpg
    running lights.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 472
So what's the price on these?
Where's you mount the boxes? Any shots from with the hood open to see the install?

X2 if you could post a pic of installation under the hood that would be great! I have some 4x6 headlights sitting here in my garage for the HID conversion that I bought awhile back just never bought the ballast and wiring kit to complete it.How much for a kit without the headlight?

prices

Yea.Whats the gig money wise?
thanks for the inquiry........a set of two any k you want for 250.00 plus shipping if you wanna do both kits I can do them for 475.00.... remember this is for HID kits and halogon lights............thanks Tim

It's funny.

Most cars when having things like blacked out tail lights and these type of headilghts immediately turn into a rice-cannon. But our cars, to me anyway, don't seem to look ricey at all with these addons. Weird. I think the G-body is immune to rice! :D

We'll I will tell you I just put the lamps ,ballasts and all the wiring for the low&high beams and everything plugged in no splicing at all....I don't No what you ran across but mine were a plug and play setup using the h4 hid conversion kit......Here are the pics side by side from HID to factory...Also they have a little blue 6watt bulb you can wire into your running light to give your headlight some color when the hid's are not on......I like that as well here are the pics enjoy any questions fire away....thanks Tim
i know dude.... i had those same housings on my car YEARS before anyone else was running them and the chrome started delaminating from the plastic housing.

daniel stern sells hella, bosch and cibie housings that are MILES ahead of those in terms of quality, then again they are $75 each now (were $60ea when i bought mine)

i know dude.... i had those same housings on my car YEARS before anyone else was running them and the chrome started delaminating from the plastic housing.

daniel stern sells hella, bosch and cibie housings that are MILES ahead of those in terms of quality, then again they are $75 each now (were $60ea when i bought mine)
yeah but again.... you pay for what you get..... i had those cheap "diamond" chinese junk housings on mine years ago and they split in 1/2 while i was on the PowerTour... i went back to my good ol' trusty HELLA housings that i originally purchased from kirbans [almost 8 years ago and they are perfect.... look stock too] - The difference in quality between Hellas and those cheap ones is night and day

just to let everyone know the kits I have are made by Rampage........I would have to say they are one of the nicest kits out there...........FYI....thanks Tim

I have 2 Hella E-Codes 200mm (H6054) the best and illeagal :biggrin: for my 1983 Pontiac Trans Am D500 (KITT) and looks stock

200_E-Code.jpg

Susquehanna MotorSports - Detail

Hella Products - Headlamps, Fog Lamps, Driving Lamps, Worklamps, Electrical Hardware, Horns, Emergency Lighting.

Yea, that's great. Blind everyone in the opposite direction so they can eat an Oak tree for dinner while coming around a corner at the same time you are driving in the opposite direction....:rolleyes:

Just because a kit is made to fit inside your car dosen't mean you should use it. People like you are the exact reason why the police pull people like you over for blinding everyone due to your improper HID setup that was not designed to work with your car. Just because it fits dosent mean its legal to use it.

That is why the DOT has regulations on these kits. The low beams are 300% brighter then your halogen high beam is. So now your driving around with high beams 300% brighter then your previous high beam halogens were with no directional light. Ever wonder why people flash their high beams at you all the time? Use a little common sense.

Yea, that's great. Blind everyone in the opposite direction so they can eat an Oak tree for dinner while coming around a corner at the same time you are driving in the opposite direction....:rolleyes:

Just because a kit is made to fit inside your car dosen't mean you should use it. People like you are the exact reason why the police pull people like you over for blinding everyone due to your improper HID setup that was not designed to work with your car. Just because it fits dosent mean its legal to use it.

That is why the DOT has regulations on these kits. The low beams are 300% brighter then your halogen high beam is. So now your driving around with high beams 300% brighter then your previous high beam halogens were with no directional light. Ever wonder why people flash their high beams at you all the time? Use a little common sense.

If you don’t want hids, then why are you posting here?
If want to go legal eagle on me, just to let you all HID’s are illegal unless they came with your car from the factory. The Knight Rider KITT (red) scanner and any performance modifications to your car are illegal as well. If my state would fix the roads and people could drive I would not need to blind them. Massachusetts sucks.

If you don’t want hids, then why are you posting here?
If want to go legal eagle on me, just to let you all HID’s are illegal unless they came with your car from the factory. The Knight Rider KITT (red) scanner and any performance modifications to your car are illegal as well. If my state would fix the roads and people could drive I would not need to blind them. Massachusetts sucks.

No, my point is buy one that is designed to work with your car specifically. One that has the proper bulb that matches the lamp assembly to emit the light in the proper direction and not just scattered all over the road and into the eyes of oncomming traffic. Bulb size and distance from the lens play a huge part in this process.

Any company will sell you anything. But when the police send you to DMV for inspection because your HID's are a general design vs. ones that have been made and tested to work properly with your car your just wasting time, money and the safety of others driving towards you.

DMV will make you remove them and come back and prove that you have done so. Mass DMV is just as strict as CT DMV. So im saying do a little research before you buy something. Its usually the cheapest for a reason.

I completely agree with GNBRETT... I started replying to this thread the other day when the power went out... and my concerns basically mirror his. The pic from the front appears to be just a lot of light... and all over the place. Maybe a better pic would be one of each lamp lit against a building at maybe 20 feet or so, then we could see the light scatter. You might indeed get more light out there, but you are likely blinding oncoming traffic, and lighting up tree tops. The major suppliers of stock lamps like Sylvania, GE and others probably spend millions on R&D... I doubt that any company selling stuff like this has those assetts to pour into R&D. I believe these are more of a "look" than actual lighting performance. Like he says "Its usually the cheapest for a reason" You get what you pay for!

No, my point is buy one that is designed to work with your car specifically. One that has the proper bulb that matches the lamp assembly to emit the light in the proper direction and not just scattered all over the road and into the eyes of oncomming traffic. Bulb size and distance from the lens play a huge part in this process.

Any company will sell you anything. But when the police send you to DMV for inspection because your HID's are a general design vs. ones that have been made and tested to work properly with your car your just wasting time, money and the safety of others driving towards you.

DMV will make you remove them and come back and prove that you have done so. Mass DMV is just as strict as CT DMV. So im saying do a little research before you buy something. Its usually the cheapest for a reason.

No, you missed my point entirely; all aftermarket modifications and lighting from neon underbody kits to LEDS on your vehicle are illegal under Massachusetts state law.
Name one car from 1983 that came with HID's from the factory and all aftermarket HIDs are generic unless they came on your car from the factory.

If a cop pulls over a 1970 Oldsmobile 442 for not having a catalytic converter and sends the guy to DMV with a fix it ticket. When the car never came with a catalytic converter from the factory.

No, you missed my point entirely; all aftermarket modifications and lighting from neon underbody kits to LEDS on your vehicle are illegal under Massachusetts state law.
Name one car from 1983 that came with HID's from the factory and all aftermarket HIDs are generic unless they came on your car from the factory.

For the most part except on a few specially designed lamps (Such as those found on the Maxima from 2000-2003) an HID lamp is really designed to be used with a projector lamp to "Project" the light a certain distance vs. scattering it all over the road. The Maxima and other Infinity models designed theirs to disperse light lower but they are not as effecient as ones equiped with projector lamps. Which is why newer model Maximas come with projector lamps. That is also why you see almost all new cars with HID's equiped with projector lamps.

If you notice on cars with projector beams that have HID's the light will cut off at a precise spot. This spot is where oncomming traffic approaches and therefore does not blind them. Pull up to a wall or garage door with HID's and projector lamps and you will see a clear cut off from very bright to almost completely dark.

Now the ones being sold here I have not seen in person so I cannot say how effective or safe they are. But those ones on your 1983 car are almost certainly not designed to properly be used on the road safely.

Mass is no different then CT or most other states when it comes to neon lights and LED kits as being illegal as an unauthorized lighting apparatus. No one is arguing that.

Take the Supra from 1993-1998. They were all equiped with projector beam lights although they used a halogen as a light source. If one was to buy an HID kit for those it would not be considered illegal because they are actually designed to fit it there and work properly.

There are plenty of kits out there that will work safely in cars that don't have projector lamps. Some R&D went into those kits tho. The one you were referring to is completely generic and is not one of those kits.

Like I said, I have no idea if the kit being offered here will work efficiently because I have not seen it in person. It may work just fine. But there are so many kits out there now it's really hard to tell until you install it in ones car to see what type of throw the light is going to give.

For the most part except on a few specially designed lamps (Such as those found on the Maxima from 2000-2003) an HID lamp is really designed to be used with a projector lamp to "Project" the light a certain distance vs. scattering it all over the road. The Maxima and other Infinity models designed theirs to disperse light lower but they are not as effecient as ones equiped with projector lamps. Which is why newer model Maximas come with projector lamps. That is also why you see almost all new cars with HID's equiped with projector lamps.

If you notice on cars with projector beams that have HID's the light will cut off at a precise spot. This spot is where oncomming traffic approaches and therefore does not blind them. Pull up to a wall or garage door with HID's and projector lamps and you will see a clear cut off from very bright to almost completely dark.

Now the ones being sold here I have not seen in person so I cannot say how effective or safe they are. But those ones on your 1983 car are almost certainly not designed to properly be used on the road safely.

Mass is no different then CT or most other states when it comes to neon lights and LED kits as being illegal as an unauthorized lighting apparatus. No one is arguing that.

Take the Supra from 1993-1998. They were all equiped with projector beam lights although they used a halogen as a light source. If one was to buy an HID kit for those it would not be considered illegal because they are actually designed to fit it there and work properly.

There are plenty of kits out there that will work safely in cars that don't have projector lamps. Some R&D went into those kits tho. The one you were referring to is completely generic and is not one of those kits.

Like I said, I have no idea if the kit being offered here will work efficiently because I have not seen it in person. It may work just fine. But there are so many kits out there now it's really hard to tell until you install it in ones car to see what type of throw the light is going to give.
I sell a boat load of these and haven't yet had a single complaint about a ticket or anything....really the thing that bothers me the most is he is saying illegal so is a burnout so is tinted windows in most states so is street racing......come on either you want them or not is the answer!!!!!!!no disrespect just venting a little.....thanks Tim