Hi everyone

cycletech

Hi everyone. I'm originally from Brooklyn Ny but currently live in Florida. Retired from Nyc service. Currently working as a mechanic at pep boys to keep myself busy.
My mom bought me a 87 Gn back in 90 as an incentive to go to school. I enjoyed the hell out of that car. (Back then it was all about the tints and the subs in the trunk). Other then that it was bone stock. In 95 while I was in the police academy it was stolen from outside the academy.
Fast forward to now. Picked up a 84 white t-type that came with an extra complete 109 swap engine that I don't know the health of.
The car runs with the current hot air engine. It's a 2 owner car with all the paperwork and service records dating back to 88. I'm looking forward to a restoration project. I haven't decided which way to go yet with it.
I also plan to buy a decent 86-87 Gn in the next year or 2 and just keep them both.
Well that's my story. If I can ever do anything to help anyone plz let me know. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum. I also have a 90 Nissan 300zx twin turbo with some tasteful mods that I daily drive.

Last edited:
WELCOME PILGRIM!!!
You have joined the best turbo regal board on the net. I recommend you read up as much as possible and ask lots of questions before starting any mod's. The more you know and understand, the more money you will save in the long run.
Sorry to hear about the left, I had an 87 stolen in 88 in jersey. Took two years to locate an 86. Kept it until 09.
purchased another low mileage 87 in 05.
Again, Welcome to the board and enjoy!!!

Welcome to the site.:)
My brother in law had one of those Nisan 300 turbos, with the all wheel steering. It was a blast o drive. I miss that thing.
Lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

thank you for the nice welcome greetings.
I have a couple more things to say about myself. now none of what I am saying is to toot my own horn or brag because im absolutely nothing to brag about. but more so to offer my services free to my fellow board members.
I currently possess an associates degree from Wyotech College in motorcycle mechanics and technology. I have over 10 years hands on experience in motorcycle mechanics before I even went to school. my degree specializes me in Asian motorcycles Honda Kawasaki Suzuki and Yamaha and I also have a degree in Eueo motorcycle tech. I am a dealer certified Suzuki Gold mechanic technician that is valid for lifetime. I was Ducati and triumph certified but they expired 6 months after I graduated because I never chose work in that field. I am also certified by DynoJet to Dyno tune custom motorcycles as well as power commanders. my GPA was 4.0 they entire time I was in school. As far as Harley Davidsons go, I learned enough to get me through my basic core mechanic training but I never took it as a scpecalty add on course. im actually thinking about leaving pep boys and going back for that module.
Why am I telling you guys all this right?
well I just figured there might be a few members that ride. maybe one of you have an issue with your bike...maybe you are looking to buy a bike and need some advice... maybe you are doing a repair yourself and need a 2nd opinion. or anything like that. if there is anything I can ever help you with regarding motorcycles please reach out to me. if I don't have the answer on the spot I will have it within a few days. I don't want any compensation I just want to help. I don't have much knowledge to contribute in the turbo Buick area but I can help out in the motorcycle department.
I live in Volusia county Florida and right now im about to open up a small shop. we have storage facilities out here that also have business storefronts that look like an outside strip mall. I already have the area picked out and im currently waiting for my business license and insurance to be approved so I can open up. honestly I already know up front that im not going to be getting rich and its probably going to cost me more to keep the shop open than I will be making. but its whatever. I live off my pension. for me its a place to hang out get away from the family for a few hours, maybe a bbq now and then. if anyone is local bring the bikes over. I have every tool needed for just about every bike and most cars. if its one of you turbo buick members and if its a minor repair just cover the parts and ill help you. and if its something major I will discount it by a lot.
like I said before im all about trying to help the Tb community.