Here's a story straight from the soldiers's mouth

Great story!

Intellectual Conservative is an Oxymoron!......har har har

Hard to believe he lasted all that time with four holes plus a foot wound. I kind of wonder why that many tankers would be going along like that without ANY air support or an eye in the sky?:confused:

Yeah, doesn't seem to smart that there wasn't a little more protection for that many rolling bombs. One guy in each truck with a gun? I bet they travel a little smarter now.

Originally posted by turboscott
Yeah, doesn't seem to smart that there wasn't a little more protection for that many rolling bombs. One guy in each truck with a gun? I bet they travel a little smarter now.

Learn by trial and error.....But man, common sence is a virtue! I bet they will do things diffrent next time, maybe a weeee bit more ground support is in order.

Incredible story!

That Marine had alot more presence of mind in that situation than I ever would have had. I don't care if there was a "little kid" firing an AK47 at me, I would have taken him out the first time! Reminds me of the scenes in Saving Private Ryan: if you let the a$$hole live, you give him another chance to take YOU out later. This is war and you need to take people out if they give you any hint of aggressive behavior.

I feel bad for all the people and soldiers that were sent on that unprotected mission.

The "Liberal Media" ABC News in Chicago ran that story too., (link at the bottom of page) WOW! To some here that might seem unbelievable:confused:

Originally posted by AirBuick
That Marine had alot more presence of mind in that situation than I ever would have had.

not marines...army reserve,that in my opinion have no business being anywhere near a combat zone...

looks like the army didn't learn anything from somalia,they're still sending people into dangerous areas under-equipped and unprepared...:rolleyes:

Great story, how long have we been at war now....and just over a month ago we learn we need to travel smarter...if they hold a gun-they die

Its just the sad reality of what a soldier is asked to do. Its one thing to fight in a war but just like the story said. After the LT was killed no one knew what to do. Why because there soldiers not babysitters or peace keepers. Show them what tp kill and we will win tell them to baby sit and they DID die.

Originally posted by suprbuick7
The "Liberal Media" ABC News in Chicago ran that story too., (link at the bottom of page) WOW! To some here that might seem unbelievable:confused:

And they failed to mention many key points, like the hiding behind women to shoot at the convoy.

The ABC story puts a lot of emphasis on the 10 year old kid shooting at him and not much on the trucks destroyed by adults with RPG's.

The next time you hear one of these candy ass liberals talking about Iraqi civilians being killed by our military, you'll know who they're talking about. :rolleyes: