HELP

dgreen

Nice day so i took the buick into town for a beer (87 GN) . ran great !! On the way home started to run like crap!!! light throttle surge smokes black, etc scan master not throwing me any codes. stopped in a parking lot and looked for obvious vacuum leaks but noyhing found. i did unhook MAF and it ran a little better so i had it towed home thinking MAF is bad new one coming tommorow. Sound right???????

After going through several new parts store MAFs...I could not get one to run properly. I got a 3.5" used LS1 MAF and an MAF translator from full throttle....great mod for these cars...driveability much improved.

I don't know why the aftermarket can't get a MAF calibrated for our buicks...but most would agree aftermarket parts store MAFs are junk.

They can't because they don't care.

Back in the old days the magic number seemed to be '12'. As in 12 tries to get one that reads OK at idle and 255 when it needs to. In my case it took exactly 12 tries. Less than a year later it took another 10 tries when it flaked on me. Then the translator hit the market....

It's nice when a problem can be solved for good.

yes i did check intercooler hoses. i'm going to try aftermarket MAF and see if it fixes problem . i spend alot with NAPA auto parts every month and if it works i'll return it and swap to ls1 and translator.