help

slim6

okay i want to get a alcohol kit but i am not sure how it works on my car with out the map sensor sence i have a digital dash in my car or am i just that dumd and i do have a map hidding some where if so please tell me

thanks
slim6

analog and digital dash cars use the same engine harness and have both the connections for the map and the boost light switch on the passenger fender . your map connector is there but has nothing attached

razors kit for the GN comes with a 3 bar map which you will need ,
if you had analog dash you would have a 2bar map and that would get swapped out for the 3 bar map

on yours just plug the 3bar map into the harness and attach it to the bracket on the fender

TTA's come with a 3bar map from the factory

Great.. wanted to add.. the 3 prong MAP plug on the digital dash cars is dead. That means there is nothing on the other end of the wires. The analog dash cars supply the 5volts and ground through the tach/boost guage built into the dash. So on a digital dash car, that 5volt and ground will need to be supplied.

Ground is easy, the screw by the battery is my choice. 5volts is a little trickier, that would be the gray wire on the TPS. Or run an external regulator to supply the MAP with 5volts DC and ground.

Thats how I do the MAP on Vette's, trucks, etc that dont have all that stuff handy.

HTH

okay you kinda got me lost so what am i looking for on the fender wall if i do not have one and i am dumd cause when you say tps do you mean throttle postion sensor

thanks for the help so far
slim6

with digital dash you shouldnt have the MAP sensor on the passenger fender (by the relays) ,
Razor pointed out that although the engine harness is the same theres a difference in the digital dash harness in the car that makes the connector under the hood non functional ,

the map sensor has three connections
it needs 5 volts and a ground , the third connection is the signal out that youll need for a progressive alky system
you can get the 5 volt to the maf by running a wire to the gray wire at the TPS (throttle position sensor) which is on the passengerside of the throttlebody (by the uppipe)

thanks i think i might have so if i order a kit now i will also have to order a map sensor to go with it
so i think i am going to get the smc kit is there anthing else i might need to know before i order this kit i have been reading a lot but most of this stuff mean s nothing to me until i can see it for my self

thanks for the help you guys
slim6