Help

hamer

just put the car back together after about 10 months of sitting. it starts ok but when it idles theres a kinda whining noise? coming from the back of the engine. i was aondering if maybe i got a vacuum line or somthing hooked up wrong if itd make that noise? the actuator has to hoses hooked to it maybe theyre hooked up backwards? dont have anymore time today. any info will help.

ok found the hose hook up pics at the top of the arena DUH. the actuator hoses are hooked up right. the 3 ports facing aft though i cant tell which one is which from that pic. help me. turbo was rebuilt and installed prior to the 10 month down time then re moved after I found that wadnt the problem. got new o rings, cleaned everything up nice. it makes this wierd noise after the idle decides to surge up for about 5-7 secs then acts like it wants to die but doesnt it keeps runnin till i kill it so nothin gets worse. im gonna go mess with it tom a little and repost tom. night.

I have the same whining noise coming out of my car. I havn't found any reason, or where it might be coming from. I used to hear the same noise with my 87. I have not noticed any performance change.

noise

behind motor could be trans I had installed a set of lihgting rod shifters in my 84 and was doggiing it and the front pump on the tranny went it made that same noise