Help with GMC 1500

chadly

I have a 2005 GMC that I could use some help with. Driving home from church on Sunday the fan motor would only blow on high speed. It has a digital system and even though it would show a slow speed it would blow on high. I stopped at a gas station and shut the truck off and pulled the keys. I get out to fill up and I notice the fan still blowing on high with no keys in the truck. I went to my paren house for lunch and disconnected the battery. After lunch I loaded up the family to head for home. Now the passenger side will only blow hot air and on high. Again I can adjust it to show cold but only hot comes out on the passenger side. 92 F outside and a four and half hour drive with hot air blowing was a tough comute.

Recap. Blower motor on high at all times even with no keys in truck. Passenger side blows only hot air.

Any help would be great.

Thanks. Chad

Blower motor module, which is like a resistor, except more money. Also, an actuator for the side now changing temp. Both pretty common problems on these. Phil.

Thanks for the help. I will try to locate these items. Is this a fairly simple fix?

Yes...unhook battery after fan controller repair for 15 min...reconnect batter and let truck run for two minutes.dont touch ac controls.....that might relearn the actuators posistions fixing your second issue.

Thanks again for the help. I picked up the blower motor module/resistor and replaced it. The fan now works as it should but the passenger side only blows hot air. I did disconnect battery for an hour and then started truck and let run for ten minutes before playing with controls. What do you think I need to replace now?

Pass. side actuator. I think that's the easy one to replace. I would have to look up the location to know for sure.

Pass actuator should be on bottom of havoc box on trans hump.....

Driver side actuator is the one on the bottom, pass actuator mounted on top of hvac case. you will need to disassemble the dash to some extent to access the pass. temp actuator (both a-pillar trim panels, upper dash panel, pass. air bag & loosen some ductwork.