Help with a vin for TR, looking to buy

cds00bsmg

1G4GM1177HP448237 can anyone tell me more about this car or provide a carfax regarding it? Going to view and wanted to get all the details sorted. Thank you for any assistance!!

I have been doing a bit of digging on the same topic. The 8th digit of the VIN is a 7 - that means turbo SFI 6-cylinder. I think you also want to look at the RPO sticker in the trunk - you should have LC2 for the turbo 6-cylinder engine.

Someone mentioned there being a VIN imprinted on the frame? Could someone verify this and explain where it is located? I guess if it is imprinted on top of the frame (between the floor pan and frame) it would be hard to see without lifting the vehicle.

I have been doing a bit of digging on the same topic. The 8th digit of the VIN is a 7 - that means turbo SFI 6-cylinder. I think you also want to look at the RPO sticker in the trunk - you should have LC2 for the turbo 6-cylinder engine.

Someone mentioned there being a VIN imprinted on the frame? Could someone verify this and explain where it is located? I guess if it is imprinted on top of the frame (between the floor pan and frame) it would be hard to see without lifting the vehicle.

You're looking at the same vehicle? It has been for sale for a few months now here locally in Ohio. There is also another dark blue one in New Kensington, PA that has been for sale for about a year now. Both vehicles appear to be relatively clean, and also very minimally modified, if at all.

The one I listed the VIN for is the one I am most interested in. If and when I get a chance to personally view it, I will take some pictures, and investigate the RPO sticker, and possible the frame VIN stamp. I don't doubt its legitimacy as a TR, I would just like to know a little more regarding its past.

Thank you,
Chris-

I said I had been digging into the same topic, not the same vehicle. Sorry for the confusion.

Would anyone know if the engine has a VIN?