Help! Wideband and MAFTPRO power source??

turbobuick1

Well I'm trying to finish the install today of a MAFTPRO and AFX wideband. I think I have heard this before, and it makes sense to me, but the best way to hook these two up is to share the power and ground so they have the same references in terms of voltage and ground.

Meaning, hook the ground to the rear of the passenger cylinder head, and the power to the ECM 10amp fuse in the fuse box, which is supplying power for the ECM, ESC spark control module, MAF, and CCCI.

Now the question: Can I wire my wideband, which draws a max. of 2amps, be hooked up to that same fuse mentioned above and not cause any problems? I'm wondering if it can handle the additional two amps and if the wiring is up to the task. Bear in mind my MAFTPRO is already hooked up to that fuse I intend for it to stay that way. But I would think it only draws the smallest amount of current.

Help me out guys! Time is a factor, Trying to make a run out to Bowling Green tomorrow!

the ground is more inportant than the power, ground to the head pul the wideband power from any clean source
Mike

Thanks to both of you guys, Mike, appreciate it. I wired the ground up to the rear of passenger cylinder head, and the power to ign at the fuse box. Another quick question, and I'll need to do the research for this tomorrow, but what setting in the MAFTPRO do you pick it terms of which wideband your using? I'm using an AFX wideband, and I don't see an option for this in the MAFTPRO.. but I asked TurboBob (big thanks again) and he said it was compatible with the MAFTPRO.