HELP!! What turbo do i use??

jrp

I currently have a .60 turbo in my car pushing around 18-20 psi..She was always sluggish off the line but when she spooled up watch out!! This was ok for me since i'm new to the grand national world and i'm thinking this is the way they run..I own the car now for about a year and i made a few friends with these cars and they all have different things done to them..
My one buddy has an 87 with a stock turbo and blew the doors off me.. now i really notice the turbo lag but on the highway my cars an animal.. I'm thinking i need to down grade back to stock?
Or should i go with the .49?? I'm prob going to get the turbo through kirban. So my question is stock or .49?
i really want that "off the line" pull i know this car produce.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I currently have a .60 turbo in my car pushing around 18-20 psi..She was always sluggish off the line but when she spooled up watch out!! This was ok for me since i'm new to the grand national world and i'm thinking this is the way they run..I own the car now for about a year and i made a few friends with these cars and they all have different things done to them..
My one buddy has an 87 with a stock turbo and blew the doors off me.. now i really notice the turbo lag but on the highway my cars an animal.. I'm thinking i need to down grade back to stock?
Or should i go with the .49?? I'm prob going to get the turbo through kirban. So my question is stock or .49?
i really want that "off the line" pull i know this car produce.. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I would put the stock one back on if you still have it. They spool pretty fast even with the stock converter.

The experts are going to need your current combo ( injector size, heads, cam, converter ect.. ) to provide you with an accurate answere to your question. Who knows all that you might need is a converter to match your setup to make you and your car happy.

Where are you getting .60 from? The compressor side of the turbo housing?

The TE44 and stock turbo's gave me lots of torque off the line. My TE 66w/76ptrim is just like what you have. Crap off the line but hell on wheels hitting the on ramp to the expressway! Look at my sig. to give you an idea.