Help W/ Backspacing

G

GRAYGHOST

Planning on 16 x 7 wheels up front and 16 x 8's in the rear.

Question is what backspacing do I want/need?

T.I.A.

O.K. 4" does it good.

Now that I am thinking about it more, I don't want the fronts to look like they are sitting up in the wheel wells if you know what I mean. I'd like for the fronts to sit about even with the rears as far as being even looking from the outside....Does this make sense?

Like I'm thinking 4" backspacing on the rears, and maybe 4.25" backspace on the front....is that right, shoot, I am confussing myself....:confused:

I've got the extact same combo but with a 3.684" back space on the rear and 3.2132" on the front. For a couple extra dead presidents you can get it perfect dude. Wheels are like suites...off the rack looks like azz.

4.25" will bring the wheel even more to the frame-now being about 1.25" in from the outside,the way i would go if you can get the size would be= 15x7" rim with a 3.5= backspace and a 15 x 8" rim in back with a 4" backspace-this would have the center of the rims perfectly centered and the fronts only 1/2" in from the outside and the inside alignment.the stock gn rims are 4" backspace on a 15 x 7 " rim. the reason i stayed with a 4" backspace on the 7" rim is if you re are ever gonna upgrade to a larger brake and rotor with tubular a arms -this system actually will bring your wheels out about 1/2" in the front,there by making the real effective backspacing 3.5" on a 7" rim keeping it truely centered with the rear wheels without having any rubbing problems or the wheels looking out of alignment.HTH

15x8 with 3.75 bs worked good, ran 255/60/ with no probs.
15x4 with 1.75 bs worked good, ran 165 front tire no probs.
a 16 inch setup should not make a whole lot of diff.
as long as you stay between 3.75 and 4 should be ok.