Help the Honda guy out... (please feel free to flame!!!)

supergenius

Hey guys!!!

I Found the site while I was reading about the Precision PTE6776HP (non BB) and it seems like you guys really like them... Im currently running a PT6176 SP (Non BB) making 620 WHP in my four door Accord ( I know, sorry, but NO ONE had been able to give me any valid info Im looking for so Im hoping yall can help).

I dont want to go too off topic, (almost feel guilty just being here... LOL) but the short story is that I want to make more power... I was going to buy a To4Z DBB (Non ported S cover) thats still available if I want it, but then Im going to have 3 PERFECTLY good turbos sitting around with one car to put them on. Rediculous... Im supposed to sell the PT6176 tomorrow, but Im thinking this thing may be a bit more than I need... ALthough it will look REALLY good on the car (its comp housing has been polished)

Not that you care.. But just to valifdate that Imnot full of ****, and really need some help:
IMG_1953.jpg

Only dyno sheet I have scanned ( was retuned and made 450 TQ and 620 WHP... The EX housing was to small and killing me up top here... Had to change it) This is with the PT6176SP

IMG_1649.jpg

THe t04z is still an option but I but got a super duper deal on a MINT PTE6776HP (just gone through by precision... 0 miles on the rebuild:

PIC-0336.jpg

PIC-0335.jpg

One issue i noticed is that the exhaust housing is different which led me to believe that the ex wheel may be a Q trim... (vs the p trim in the PT6176 - the PT61 Ex housing wouldnt fit over it so I think it may be the Q). I have a VERY built motor... And handling 900 WHP wouldnt be a problem.... But Im only looking to get to a little north of 700ish... Im blowing forged straightcut gearsets apart as it is under power... Actually looking another platform (DIG THESE THINGS, Dad almost bought one in like 1985 I think it was)

NO ONE in the Honda community iknows crap about them really as they are overlooked for more mainstream bandwagion options...I got it for a SUPER DEAL, and REALLY want to run it....

But, If its going to be a HUGE deal laggier although, my motor spools the hell out of the non BB PT6176... Max boost at 5Kish and revs to 9...... I may have to dump this thing and look at another option, I just didnt want to let it get by at the price I got it for. So ya, thats it in a nutshel... Any input on people that have gone from a 61mm ported S cover snail to this thing???

How do you like it??? How much different was spool????

DO any of you guys have dyno sheets of say either a BB 6176 vs one of these boat anchors???

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

SIncerely

:cool:

Sorry I can't be of any help....but I must say... I'm impressed at your setup..... it must be a real sleeper. I am still trying to wrap my head around a 4 cylinder spooling the hell out of a non bb 61.....I guess the heads flow awesome... and you are running a stick and a two-step for spoolup?

You have stones for coming over here.... but you did it with respect.... and class....

I'm sure Patrick will chime in shortly... he is the resident PTE turbo guru....

Good luck.

Oh.... what kind of times does it generate?

Its a full interiored 94 Accord with M&H "DOT legal" 235/60-15s on Hubcaps... Cops dont even look at me in it (Im old-37... LOL)

IMG_1826.jpg

On mid boost (21ish PSI with less in 1-3rd gear) in full street trim it runs mid 11s at 128-130. On high boost (26PSI) and slicks High tens (.80s) at 136ish.

Looking for mid tens on slicks.. I have to put a damn cagein it before theyll let me run it at the track anymore, and that will ruin the sleeper thing, so Im not all for it, but I built it to embarass liter bikes on the freeway... And it does. just always breaks gears ... But, these are holding up:

360008.jpg

Its fast enough forme honestly, I just got the Big PTE for a retarded deal. SO for now it sits on the fireplace... The more I think about it, the more I think I should go get that T04Z dbb... The Dbb doesnt help much with the spool, but the transient response between shifts is MUCH more quick to recover.... But I never take my fooot off of the gas when I shift anyways...hahahaha

Thanks, ya... I was unsure about coming over here... But I need help, and Am humble enough to see that you guys over here are the most qualified to help me out. I thank you for the willingness... TOne of the reasons Im really curious is to see how YOU guys spool these things compared to a non BB 61mm T4 turbo... I get 25 LBS by 5kish, and if youore only seeing say 500 rpm spool difference,k Im thinking I will see possibly JUST a tad less due to the heads flow.. Yes, the H22 heads flow really well, and this one is built w/ cams-springs. pnp and all that stuff...

See here for 1 reply, and already someomne knows what theyre talking about her... Its not like that with all the Kids in the H camp...

LOL...

If im out of line, feel free to delete whateverof ya feel it doesntbelong here. I understand

Peace.

hahaha IF it keepos blowing transmissions up... Thats a definate route im exploring. Like I said.. I surely wouldnt mind having one of these :O)

The challenge we Buicks face (IMHO) is poor flowing heads....no aerodynamics....and weight.....

One of the keys to spoolup (IMHO) for our cars.... is a well thought out stall speed on the converter (we all run auto's)..... and a proper tuneup. We have some cars running a combo based off the stock block.... running 70 or 71 turbos.... running 9.0's @ nearly 150 mph... weighing in at nearly 3500 #. They manage to spool a 71 GTQ turbo real good with generally less than 250 cu in.... and are capable of pulling some 1.30's in the 60'..... The heads on some of these top shelf stock block cars flow 260-280 cfm on the intake..... where is most of us with ported stock heads are happy if we can get 200 cfm out of it.

I imagine your heads smoke those numbers.... and you weigh sub 3000#....I'l be lucky if I stay below 3700 lb with my 255 lb @ss behind the wheel.

I hope my new combo is capable of sub 10.50's on pump gas and alky.... full interior with functional a/c street car.... capable of being daily driven.... should still get over 20 mpg. Should make 550 or so RWHP.

i would say for your car use a small exhaust housing and a ball bearing option for quicker spool up. what size are your header primaries? btw welcome to the board

That's an impressive car, real sleeper. You've certainly spent some time wrenching. I can't help you much on the turbo but there are plenty of guys here that know they're turbos and can give you a constructive response. In my book if you give respect your get respect. Welcome to the board.

What are you using for engine management? I have a co-worker that is looking to turbo his Prelude.

I would rather have a slow 3.8NA buick than a fast honda..(just my opinion) It's all bout look'in good!!!!! Good luck to you on your project.....

Ive never really cared for imports but i can respect anyone with a fast car and a decent attitude i cant help much with turbos as i am learning myself lol but good luck and welcome to the darkside!!!! ;)

.........sell it and buy American.

How many brain cells did it take to come up with that comment?

Can't believe how ignorant some of you Buick guys are, you walk around like hot **** because your 6 cylinder can smoke some V8s, but can't offer any respect to a 4cyl that probably has more power than most GNs on this board.

"Buy American", every person in this country will be forced into "buying American" because we'll be bailing them out after getting spanked by foreign manufacturers for a decade.

I would rather have a slow 3.8NA buick than a fast honda..(just my opinion) It's all bout look'in good!!!!! Good luck to you on your project.....

Caring about looks more than performance makes you sound like a ricer yourself.

Annnyways to the topic at hand, nice setup! Judging by the first picture I didn't think you had this in Sleeper mode but then you posted up the other pictures, awesome! Good luck figuring out your turbo situation, notice that most guys here who talk **** didn't exactly answer your question because they don't know anything about it (myself included), so don't worry about them.

Thanks guys... That helps. I may just have to run this thing then. Ya... Heh.. 250 CI doesnt sond like a whole lot until ya work with 134!!! LOL...

OK.. Ill try and go in order (By the way thank you for entertaining my pile of **** over here...

The H22s heads intakes flow 29x cfm ouot of the box, and mine have been worked over. 329 if I remember. I dont for sure though.

Header primaries are 1.5". Im actually building a new manifold for it now (twinscroll dual 44mm Tial wastegates... Plan is to run a divided ex housing with paired runners to try and help spool whatever sits on thwe new top mount manifold we build for it.

THis is the old one:
Mock up
Picture037.jpg

I have a dyno video of it, and some literbike street raping with four people in the car... But theres asome language (nbomb directred at me) yall may not care for... SO unless given the green light.. I wont post it. Its a little bit more impressive than the cokehead moron inb the HYPE R.. HAHAHAHAHHA

I am using eCtuine for engine management. FOr the price its THE best way to go. I ran it on Crome (freeware) for a couple years and just recently decided to switch for more functionality.

Thank you for the inpout... Im thinking athe .69 housing I have now may get a try.... Seems small, but it will most defiunately help... Ill go from thaere when I get there..

LOL

Cheers!

You guys need to lighten up some.... he didn't come here to cast stones.... he came (humbly I might add) to seek help.

I myself (and my wife) currently have:

1997 Chevy Silverado truck (242k) (retired DD when gas prices got high)
1996 Toyota Avalon (285k) (current DD hand-me-down from in-laws)
2002 Honda Odyssey (130k) (wifes DD)
1987 Buick GN (159k) (awaiting new engine and tranny installation)
1966 International Travelall 4x4 (??k) (hunting truck that usually stays at camp)

I have them all.... and can also respect any hot rodder with a fast car..... regardless of make. I like fast cars.

Negative comments here are not constructive.... besides.... most Honda's sold in the US.... were made in the US..... by many US workers.

you can do a cage and keep it tight .. paint it ..you will be surprised how many don't notice it :cool:

Blackmetal are we a little negatve that all u focused on was my wanting too look good.... Wow- what a piece of work u are.... ??????Did u pick up on the part where i said it was my opinion or better yet where I wished the new guy GOOD LUCK on his project!!!!!

I never brought up the term ricer....You did!!!!! Read closer to my post the next time you think I'm negativly judging someone----- THANK YOU. GOOD DAY!!!!!!!