Help scanmaster readings

BurNrubR

Hello, Looks like my o2 is reading off it will stay in the 700-800s but then drop to teens for a few readings then back up. My tps is .46 but my IAC is 77-88. I cant get the IAC numbers down. Do you think the O2 is bad? IF so could this be affecting my IAC?

Hello, Looks like my o2 is reading off it will stay in the 700-800s but then drop to teens for a few readings then back up. My tps is .46 but my IAC is 77-88. I cant get the IAC numbers down. Do you think the O2 is bad? IF so could this be affecting my IAC?

You could try setting the TPS to .36 and adjusting the IAC to get it down to 20-25. Once you get the IAC done then adjust the TPS to .40 - .42 key on engine off. Be patient while doing this, sometimes it takes time to get the numbers right.

How long has it been since you replaced the o2 sensor?

That is a cheap part that needs replaced once it starts reading slow. I replace mine regularly on my own schedule.

Don't use the Bosch o2 sensors from the parts stores.

These are the best o2 sensors i've found to work the best and rockauto has the best price for them and shipping is fast.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=991921&cc=1020957&jsn=395

Last edited:
I am having the same issue, ill have to look into the 02 i thought it was maybe a cam sensor or something. Will idle fine in park but once i put it in drive,od,1st, or 2nd it goes to as low as 36 mv and jumps around 108 and stays until i put it back in park. Please let us know if you get it fingered out.

Are you guys still running the stock sensors that came on the car from the factory?

IAC,TPS,O2,MAF

Finnally got around to looking at it, i did not do anything to the motor of this car the previous owner did so you'll have to bare with me as I am not very good with this car considering I'm only 20 and these cars are complicated as hell to me, but she's too much fun to give up early. car ran great when I bought it for a about 5 months and I didn't drive her much just started her up and take her for a ride here and there if anything started her up for a while. And during the end of winter she started stumbling down and then the scanmaster started saying the low 02's and I've been scared to drive her

Its got an lc1 innovative wideband 02, MAF translator box, tps and iac i am unsure of but i would imagine he upgraded those if he did the maf & 02.. Totally ordered one of the 02s off rock auto because I couldn't belive the price and of course I have a wideband hahah.. Here's my scanmaster readings if it helps:

Af:6 but on my gauge it says 14ish
L8:40-43
Int:128
Bl:123
Clt:165
Ats:80-82
R:800-850
Tps:44
Iac:61
Cc:235
Pu:2.7
L8:39,40
Ps. Sorry for the long explanation lol.

You can remove the IAC and clean it by spraying it with carb cleaner and a lint free cloth or paper towel. Hold the IAC with the pintle facing down so that any gunk will drip off it when sprayed.

You can clean the inside of the throttle body also at this time. Remove the up pipe from the throttle body and spray the plate and inside and wipe them clean also. If you push on the throttle linkage the plate will move and you will be able to see the 2nd hole at the bottom, one in front of the plate and one behind it. Spray the carb cleaner in those holes and let it and what ever gunk it frees up flush out through the opening that the IAC screws into, you will need to place some rags there before you start spraying in those holes. Once you have that done take your rag and push it into the hole for the IAC and soak up as much of the carb cleaner that is left behind and wipe the seat area that the pintle seats against / goes into.

Here is a link for resetting the IAC when you reinstall it.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/faq/IACresetscan.html

Last edited:
Ok i will give it a shot this weekend if i have the time and give you feedback thanks for your time, also will this affect the current tune when i do this? and my mechanic said something about resetting the IAC by going on a decently long drive at a constant speed on the highway he is not a turbo Buick expert by any means so i just thought id ask considering this isn't your normal day to day driving car like he might be used to. thanks again.

You guys are welcome!

The # 1 priority is helping you to get your car running as well as it can and keeping it that way, that is why we are here to help each other. But keep in mind cleaning and resetting of parts will only work if the part is not defective. If you intend to keep the car for awhile, you might want to replace the sensors while they are still working. That way you can start building your collection of known good parts to help you with troubleshooting. And of course you will know for sure how old the sensors are. You can buy the sensors off ebay very cheap and work well, or you can buy them from other places for more money and some come with a warranty. These cars run great but parts do fail from time to time. Good luck with owning a GN.