HELP PLEASE! - Perplexing Timing Issue

1WH1

HI EVERYONE! I need some help with a timing / spark retard issue.

My '86 TR's engine, stock turbo, trans & converter have been rebuilt within about 1000 miles, to be more durable & ready for future upgrades, while re-
taining stock appearance. (upgraded parts, machine work & balancing) My
gas tank, hanger, pump, sock, & gas filter are all new, after I had a new Walbro #169 dated 20806 go "WEAK" after 3 months/300 miles, on my mild street TR.

The car was running "REAL GOOD" & I was out for an "ENTHUSIASTIC DRIVE".
At highway speed, I mashed the gas, & the trans downshifted into 2nd gear;
and due to MPH/RPM, the trans immediately upshifted & slams 3 rd gear, shearing off the nose of the forward drum shaft. The engine rev'd up to my
COMMANDER chip's 6000 rpm rev limiter. (engine was built to withstand that rpm) Trans was rebuilt with new billet shaft forward drum & other parts, including a lower shift speed govenor & different gear. Speedo now reads fast, but no VSS code, except when speedo cable discon for testing.

Car now has NO unusual sounds or vibration, & cold starts, idles & drives ex-
cellent - EXCEPT - when rpm's/mph's increase, AND boost exceeds 4-5 lbs -
THEN something retards the spark 10-15 degrees !? - and it doesn't pull strong like before. Car can be power-braked & no retard. MAF, O2's, fuel, etc all look good. I've tried 3 chips (93 octane, street, 42.5 # inj, 14 lbs, 19/17 timing) No exh / vac leaks - cam sensor, balancer, flywheel tight - oil, anti-freeze, plugs look good - checked almost everything listed on "other site's" 41 item "knock check list" - I even disconnected the knock sensor to rule out knock/false knock - no change - I don't hear what I know as detonation / "rattle".

Should I have the govenor/gear changed back? (possible VSS problem even
without code?) - or try another known good computer? Nothing else was
changed on car, except trans repair. (which is shifting great) I have searched
tons of posts - BUT this has me stumped!

anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated.

Special thanks to my friend, PHIL (pdzz) for all his help!

REMEMBER - TOO MUCH POWER, IS JUST RIGHT! THANKS, TOM

I just wanted to add, the static compression seems a little high [160-170]. I'm also wondering if any thing in the engine could be " hurt". Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sometimes it can be difficult to diagnose spark knock, but easy enough to overlook something.Thanks in advance, Phil.:confused:

One more thing, it seems to show the O2 sensor in the 1000mv range.:confused: