Help Please! Can't figure out code 44 & 31!

78TurboMali

My 87 T has been giving me a code 31 and 44 and i cant seem to figure them out. The lean exhaust code i thought was for sure a bad o2 but i replaced the sensor and still giving me the same code. Now the overboost/boost solenoid one im not sure what to do about or what to look into? I would appreciate any help and suggestions. I cant seem to shake these 2 codes

my scan master sheet say's.
31 is wastegate solenoid : blown fuse, bad soleniod or broken wire
44 oxygen sensor lean : bad o2 , wires , vac leak, exhaust leak, wrong chip , fuel psi to high

My bet is on a MAF sensor gone awry causing both codes, by chance do you have a local member in your area that has a known "good" MAF sensor to test with?
If you verify that it is defective, I would recommend getting ahold of someone here to get you squared away with a newer generation Mass Air Flow sensor and matching program for your combination.
Don't get me wrong, I really like GM's factory calibrations because they "were" and still are so precise, but with todays fuels leaning things out, you are best off with a calibration better suited for what is available today, (actual fuel content), if you are living a good life and have E85 readily available in your area, you may very well be able to fix your driveability/check engine woes while enjoying safe sex during higher boost levels and keeping your longblock very happy :),
That would be a Win-Win if aplicable to you.
Good luck,

Kevin.

Yes i reset the ecm wheni did the new o2. I have a TT chip on the way and it has a small plenum leak so ill be putting in my powerplate, and also my 160* t-stat. Also i recently installed a scanmaster but dont quite know how to read it yet..... I actually swapped the maf with the one out of my malibu (which also has a turbo motor) and they both seem to be in working order. There is a place a few miles from me that carries E85 at the pump. Is this something i can put in my tank without any other modification?