help only have one day left!!!!!!!!!!!

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
ok check it out, new crank sesor, good cam sesor, good module and coil, now all of a sudden i'm not getting spark. the car would run then shut off at 180 degrees so i disconnected the harness from the computer then put back and now it wont start (no spark). all fuses are good, timming is good, wires are good. do you think i damaged the computer and if so can i get that checked. thanks

Only way to check the ECM would be on an ECM bench. I only know a few people that have those.

How are you checking for spark? And are you sure that is your problem?

we checked by pulling the wire off the coil and keeping it close to see if it would ark i guess.

I know this might sound dumb, but what temp. does the ECM tell the cooling fans to turn on at. Could the ECM be sending power to the fans and that wire could be grounded and shorting the power to the ECM and shutting off your car???? :confused: :confused:
Just a thought, just spinnin my wheels.
Tarey D.

answering for wicked

i like that thought, but we cant start the car at all now or maybe that could cause that aswell??

Ok.

First off, you mean 180degrees water coolant temp? The car just shuts off?? That's weird.

If you are not getting spark.

1. Make sure the CCCI in plugged in good and tight.
2. Try swapping a known good coil and CCCI and see if that fixes the problem.

We need alot more info to troubleshoot this thing man.

Try the coil and CCCI swap.

everything has been tested today and is good. now the car just dosen't start, but when it was running before we disconnected the computer it would start dying(sputtin, poping, idling very rough and sounded like a BOMB that was going to explode)but now just dosent start at all.

Man hope u can fix it before friday night my brother inlaw wants to race u guys.

have you checked the fuses?
Do that first, then go to autozone and get a "noid" light and check if the injectors are pulsing. Report back.

Hey scott any idea if their are going to be some GN's out their fri night? Im hoping their will be a few gn vs supra races :D

BE CAREFUL DOING THIS

This is how I check for spark, and I'm sure a few other shadetrees as well. Take a screwdriver and insert inside the boot of the spark plug wire. Hold the shaft of the screwdriver close to a ground like the header pipe. Upon cranking, it should jump a spark from the screwdriver shaft to the header pipe.

WARNING: I have had my GN zap me a few times through the plastic handle of the screwdriver... HURT LIKE HELL!! So, be careful doing this. Perhaps wear rubber gloves. Check to see if you REALLY do or don't have spark.

do you know anyone that would let you use their computer module - that would save you alot of checking---are you sure the crank sensor wasnt damaged or slipped out of place

yes the check engine light turns on when i turn the key on and while trying to start it what does this mean.

no start

just lie scott said check for the injectors to pulse,is the ecm reading RPM while being cranked is very important. check fuses and the SES light. If all that is OK visualy look at the pins/connectors on the ECM-After that its back probing the plugs at the components and checking 12v,grds at each end.

Another method for testing for spark is to plug an extra spark plug into a wire and set it on a ground, you don't get shocked that way:D :D