Help no injector pulse 86/87 conversion

Favian Cuevas

Well let me start by introducing my self my name ia favian an I currently own a 1985 Buick T type that I converted over to intercooled well long story short everything is connected an ready to run but I'm having the small problem of no injector pulse the car wants to Fire up only with ether I know it's bad I just wanted to find out if i have spark my question is where should I start looking at ignition control module or the ECM can anyone shine a light on me???

The cam sensor controls the injector pulse . Take the cap off the sensor and make sure it hasn't broke the weak little tab . If it has which is a high possibility u can get a cam sensor fix kit from RJC .

You're on the right track. You have spark so the crank sensor must be working. You won't get fuel until the cam sensor synchronizes with the crank sensor (in the ECM). If the cam sensor is too far out of time it won't sync. Also check the ECM connectors for corrosion, check continuity cam sensor to ign module and ign module to ECM. ECM needs to see cam, crank, ESC, etc... coming from ign module. If you have a reman ECM like a cardone note that they are notoriously crappy.

The cam sensor controls the injector pulse . Take the cap off the sensor and make sure it hasn't broke the weak little tab . If it has which is a high possibility u can get a cam sensor fix kit from RJC .
Thank you ama check that today as soon as I get home.
what other possibilities is there a easy way to check if the ECM works that you might know

You're on the right track. You have spark so the crank sensor must be working. You won't get fuel until the cam sensor synchronizes with the crank sensor (in the ECM). If the cam sensor is too far out of time it won't sync. Also check the ECM connectors for corrosion, check continuity cam sensor to ign module and ign module to ECM. ECM needs to see cam, crank, ESC, etc... coming from ign module. If you have a reman ECM like a cardone note that they are notoriously crappy.
I got the ECM from a member from The Forum he claimed that it was working but honestly I have no idea if it is or not I'ma have to find someone here in Arizona to try it out on their car to see if it starts so I can cancel that out and I'll be left with a
The module and a cam sensor I also need to locate the wiring schematics is there any terminal that I need to take a look up or any notorious places on the wiring that i should look at twice ?