help me tune this slow p.o.s

boostmaster

went to the track last night, got 2 runs in. The 1st run was ok slept at the light,o boost of the line,2.398 60 ft.-9.623@74.75 mph 1/8, 14.903@92.78 mph w 18lbs o boost. shortened up the waste gate rod 4 turns got to the line got to the line left with no boost could not build more than 12lbs the car was a slug,2.682 60ft.-10.722@69.77mph 1/8, 16.380@86.71mph. What the hell is going on. Had a mustang clean my clock with a 13.993@96.57mph. I figured with with my speed on the first run I should be closer to 13's than I ran and what the hell happened on that second run.

Not as bad as my 15.30 @ 90mph had lots of problems, what do you have done to the car. The guys on here will help you more then i can.If i learned one thing from this mes board , its to hard to tune with no scan tool.

good luck

Yes it is hard to tune w/o out a scan tool - but some of my fastest times were w/o scan tools.

List your combo and then we can help - turning down the boost really hurt ya.

Originally posted by boostmaster
went to the track last night, got 2 runs in. The 1st run was ok slept at the light,o boost of the line,2.398 60 ft.-9.623@74.75 mph 1/8, 14.903@92.78 mph w 18lbs o boost. shortened up the waste gate rod 4 turns got to the line got to the line left with no boost could not build more than 12lbs the car was a slug,2.682 60ft.-10.722@69.77mph 1/8, 16.380@86.71mph. What the hell is going on. Had a mustang clean my clock with a 13.993@96.57mph. I figured with with my speed on the first run I should be closer to 13's than I ran and what the hell happened on that second run.

Did i read the right mods you have a ta49 and some others done and you ran a 14.90 some thing cant be right vac leak, ex leak or something. Like i said before i ran a 15.3 at 90 mph after a 20mile drive with a bad turbo and injectors.maybe you need some slicks and a good tune. little ex leaks can make up some time i found that out my self.

you read the mods right, I don't know what else to do. Also have ported throttle body. RPM's at park are around 850-900/ 625-725 in drive. can't get iac's below 86 in drive. at wot 02 volts are about .90 with 34lbs fuel pressure vac line off. used to have at 42lbs but 02 volts were in the 960's at 18-22 lbs/ boost. the car is slug off the line and has a hesitation of about a half a second from a dead stand still. vac gauge is reading about 16" in park 12-13 in drive. got an idea earlier, about a month ago my ta49 blew a carbon seal and the thing was drowning my exhaust with oil, i'm thinking that maybe it might have clogged my cat converter this could account for my slow spool up time. at least its just a thought, i'm going to check that and my waste gate solenoid tomorrow since this is not the first time i have had boost problems. any other ideas, please help!

Not a bad idea about the cat,what kind of ex do you have. I have flow master and mine spooled very slow but when i started running it open down pipe it spools pretty fast now.Do you have any ex leaks that you know of.the leaks killed my car.Your not running the stock down pipe are you.

Something's wrong. A friend of mine took his bone stock car with the exception of a TA62 turbo (long story) to the track and was running 101mph traps at 19psi. Get rid of the cat. It's still running rich, 780s would be nice on race gas. Are you running a race chip? Any exhaust leaks before the turbo? Are you getting any knock retard? Vacuum in gear is kind of low, do you have a leak? The leak will turn into a boost leak and make it run rich. It can also make it hesitate off the line. If you don't have it already, I would suggest a race chip that locks BLM to 128 at WOT so it will be easier to tune. Are your 60's slow from a lack of traction or slow spool?