Help me tune this slow A$$ POS!!!!!!

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
I am so pissed tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

See sig for best time...and it always ran within a tenth or so of that.

Tonight 14.4 95.5 2.28 60'.

2nd 14.3 97.2 2.28 60'.

It WILL NOT build any boost against the brake, changes from the sig are: V1 intake, ATR downpipe, and my 33 "freshened up" from PTE.

3 psi against the brake was it hence the reason for the 2.2 60's, I have had it with this thing. We tried hooking the waste gate up tuner style with no changes( I had a in car bleeder 1st) No vacc. leaks and the exhaust is sealing everywhere. 02's 760's 20 psi after 2nd gear.

Does anyone suggest a tuner within 2 hrs. of me (would include GR, Lansing, K-zoo, and maybe westside of Detroit) that is good with hot airs's?!

HELP I HATE THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the turbo doesn't spin freely.....about 4-5 rotations and then it stops.

BTW #2 Nocooler is at a loss .

Dude call me I have some Ideas. Stock wastegate with computer control worked so lets give that a whirl. Your is a wastegate problem - I proved that. The tighter it was the faster it spooled.

I am beginning to think that that 49 is bad......It sounds like the Cheeta when the compressor exploded. Woot-woot-woot-woot-woot not a smooth whoosh. Give me time I'll sort it out, unless some one will make me a good offer on a Turbomotion I/C'ed 85.

I need to step back and breathe......

I just spent $1000 to go 1.5 seconds slower - and so did you.

I'm cooling off a little now.

Hey man I know that we can figure this out....I just need to step back for a few days........time to cruise in the Capala for a while and leave the GN sit.

Maybe you can rebuild the Cheata and I can go back to the stock wastegate..............if I can find it. Do you remember what I did with it?

BTW Ryan thought that Trav was pretty cool and thinks you TR guys are fun to hang arund with even though his GN is sold.

Anyway I'll call ya at work tomm.........thanks for the help.

Everyone else checking this..............any sugestions for us?

I have a 85 gn with sperco intercooler ,40lb injectors , ta-33 turbo, 307 pump and a lot of other parts and my car runs the same as it did when half of the parts on it where bad.last run 15.33 90mph and it does not seem like its faster with all the new parts.i cant see a good tune puttingh this car in the 13s like every one says.I know what it is like , good luck.

02's 760's 20 psi after 2nd gear.

I say you can give it some more fuel...

IMO your car is now a high 13 second car!

Tonight 14.4 95.5 2.28 60'.

It is your 60' time that slowed you down... plus lousy humidity and temperature was probably thrown into the mix.

It WILL NOT build any boost against the brake

This definitely reflects a problem somewhere. You state that you have no vacuum leaks... are you sure? Hold a rubber hose up to where that O-ring adapter is... stick the other end in your ear. Your problem seems like a carbon coby of the problem I had on my last outing.

How long did it take to get the car to 20lbs boost?

wastegate problem?

is your wastegate puck sealing properly?

are you guys using the stock elbow?

btw,i've got a stock adjustable(84 style) and an aftermarket adjustable 87 wastegate actuator if you guys need them.

good luck.

later,sean

Sounds like the same deal I'am having Turbomotion intake,T33,ported heads, and I ran 2tenths slower. I'am putting my stock turbo back on due to the T33 taking a sh@t. I have had nothing but bad luck this summer with this car. I'am now taking the top half off for the 5th time.

Dave85

I will double check the O-ring at the turbo adapter...........but it doesn't run like it has vacc. leaks. I hope that is it, I'll silicone the SOB in place. The car has never idled as good as now.

With the converter locked at 55 mph when I step on the gas a little it bogs before it starts to pull, and boost will only get to about 4 psi at 1/2 throttle. Then the converter unlocks and it will spool to 20+.

We shorten the act. rod all the way and it would build against the brake to 8-9 psi then start to spin the tires........but the boost was way high (like 25+)

The TPS is fine.

It gets to 20 psi in the end of 2nd, and would get there in the burn box. I'm on BFG DR's on the stock wheels.

Dave: ta33, black majic, sounds like a Kim and Larrys hot air car to me.......have you been to those guys?

Thanks for the replies.

Oh and "it sounds like you have a high 13 sec car" is really the problem!!!!!!!!!!

It ran 13.00 w/out a hot wire kit, 8.80 02's and letting it shift itself at about 4400-4600 going into OD at about 1000'. It WAS a high 12 sec car. Where in the hell did that sec to sec and a half go?!

:mad:

The Caprice is getting major bonus points everytime I think about the GN.

...I need to pull this 49 off and see what it looks like. Sounds like the thing is eating itself. That would explain the 15.8@94.

Time to spend more $$$ I don't have.

twins your 60foot says a lot, looks like wheel spin, maybe if you could try some Mickey Thompson et streets and get them sticky and try a launch??? Just a thought but for everything you make up on the 60ty you will see at the other end. Maybe next Wednesday Test and tune? Swain still doesn't have our tranny done, we picked it up last night, Karl is going to change the converter and see where we are. The shift points are way low too. I'd just like to get to the track with mine.

Not wheel spin....there's no power to spin anything. I don't think I could build enough boost to spin the street tires. It has NO BOOST down low and is soooo lazy coming up to 20 psi.

Who tuned your 87. Is he a MI chapter member?.....Whats his name and how do I get ahold of him?

TIA....

Swains has been running really behind lately. I had to hound them to get the Bronco done so I could sell it. Two days turned into a week and a half. I think riding the Harley and the heat in the shop are the problem there.

I'm out for Test and Tune till i can get some damn low end boost.

We tuned the 87 after figuring out what we needed for readings, seriously, but try white racing I'll get the number....1-810-756-3026 email Lee Thompson he might have some insight.

Woot-woot-woot-woot-woot not a smooth whoosh
I've went thru enough turbo's, and that sound ain't good. The turbine isn't spinning freely, so it's soaking more exhaust heat, plus, the friction of trying to spin it in the first place...I'll bet when it finally DOES boost, the output air temp is so hot that anything over 10psi is wasted...

BFH - it spins freely, trust me I checked that. I forgot to check the thrust bushing <opps> so I think the compressor wheel is rubbing the housing, but as always I maybe incorrect.

This might sound dumb, but a guy here locally had this problem on an '87. Turns out that the problem was in the front pump of the transmission. It was limiting the stall speed of the torque converter enough to not build boost on the brake. Hope that helps!

Twins. I go to them when I need things I can't get from the parts store. They did a set of heads for me 5angle valve job, new guids, and double springs. They do good machine work. I haven't took the whole car to them I usually figure out my own problems.
One thing I noticed with the V1 intake besides my boost gauge not working is that my low end is weak but top end is there. The runners are worked for top end. I wish I still had my old intake to compare. I pulled my cam today to find 6lopes wiped might as well of been round. When I get off work I'am throwing a new cam in and my stock turbo. My T33 looks like I changed the oil and dumped it in the compressor.

DAVE85