Help me identify this sound

Got the new fpr and fuel filter installed, along with new plugs the car runs much better but the problem still exists at WOT.

02 millivolts 750 at WOT almost the same at idle no kncok
Fuel pressure 43psi with vacuum line off, 60 psi at WOT
Boost around 16 psi
Int 128 BL 131
TPS .42 IAC from 10 - 20 at idle

I am at a loss.

AC/Delco ignition module and coil pack? Rock Auto has the best price on them unless you find one cheaper on EBay.

Original module, esp coilpack. Walbro 340 with hot wire kit new fuel filter and accufab fpr, new ac delco plugs, new tt chip. I talked to Jack Lawsell and he recommended changing the ignition module and coil pack and new valve springs. I am going to take it his shop on Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You might want to buy the module and coil pack first. Rock Auto has the AC module for $180. Oreilly wants $300. Autozone and Advance don't sell AC modules. If Jack charges like the shops around here, he will triple the price on the parts.

Whoops posted from the wrong username. Is the AC Delco one any good? Is it made in China?

I cracked open the coil and the ignition module looks ok the epoxy is not melted.

12591954_10207681377247446_307184972_o.jpg

On second thought I guess its not supposed to look like that even thought its not metled, probaly because its 30 degrees in the garage.

Here is a new AC Delco I was comparing to.

Buick%252520Grand%252520National%252520parts%252520ACDelco%252520Ignition%252520Module__81688.1420842053.1280.1280.JPG

I put a BWD coil in and the backfire at WOT went away. It did do it once but that is because the boost spiked to 23 psi. I ordered a rjc boost controller because the actuator rod adjustment does nothing. Would I need a new spring too?

I put in new AC Delco CR43TS plugs last week, it has Magnecor wires. Anyone in the Dallas area willing to take a look? Any idea on my post earlier, would I need a new spring too or just a rjc boost controller?

I believe I have a fuel delivery problem. While cruising, fuel pressure is around 40 psi, if I start to accelerate and build boost fuel pressure does not rise but the needle just shakes back and forth around 41 psi. I already plan to replace the filter, but is there a way to test if the fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump are working? I read on a thread to crack the flare nut on the fpr and if the fuel pump is good the pressure should rise to 100 psi?

Thanks
Change your fuel filter.

That is no longer an issue.
Got the new fpr and fuel filter installed, along with new plugs the car runs much better but the problem still exists at WOT.

02 millivolts 750 at WOT almost the same at idle no kncok
Fuel pressure 43psi with vacuum line off, 60 psi at WOT
Boost around 16 psi
Int 128 BL 131
TPS .42 IAC from 10 - 20 at idle

I am at a loss.

All of the spring cleaning items has been done.

I'll list them all
New plugs
Ignition module
TT chip
Fuel filter
FPR

Well I have to admit my mistake. It turns out I was still running well over 20 psi.:eek: I loosened the actuator rod about 10 turns and after going for a drive max boost is around 15 psi and no more backfire. I still 4 WOT pulls from 1st to 3rd and no backfire and it ran strong. WOT millivolts were around 780. I did see 4 degrees of timing retard on the second run and immediately let off. 3rd and 4th run no timing retard. Any advice on how to correct that?

Thanks for everyone's help.