Help It is starting to blow smoke

B

Buickcruiser

Hey,
Today I was racing a pustang when I looked out my rearview and back with the mustang was a big cloud of black smoke. I have noticed this once or twice before. It only occurs when I stomp on it . Is this oil getting into my turbo or could it be a valve seal?
Thanks for any help,
Dave

could be running rich.

do you have a scantool?

what are your o2's at wot?

later,sean

I would think it would be running rich , oil would burn white i think. iam in the same boat i need a scan tool.

BLUE smoke = oil being burned during combustion

WHITE smoke = oil being overheated, such as oil IN the exhaust due to a turbo leak...White smoke could also be steam, from a coolant leak;

BLACK SMOKE = too much fuel, for whatever reason...and ONE of these reasons, is KNOCK!! So beware!

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
WHITE smoke = oil being overheated, such as oil IN the exhaust due to a turbo leak...White smoke could also be steam, from a coolant leak

Or just condensation in the exhaust, in which case don't worry too much. Black smoke occurs with overboosting resulting in heavy knock. If that's the case, get it tuned. Could also be bad valve seals.

Thanks for all of the help
I do have a turbo link the O2 are runnig 200mv-900mv at boost and 300mv-400mv at Idle.I have no idea how it could be runing to much fuel because it has a stock fuel pump. But I have a welbro coming in the mail with a regulator. I do have a Casper Knock guage but it never shows any Knock. I need to check my sensor but I have not been able to find it. I know it is in the back of the enging but i cant see it. Maby I need to take the hood off.
Thanks Again
Dave

If your puffing black smoke when you stomp on it, its probably 1 of 2 things. Your car is running rich or your O2's are clogged or bad. If you ever run leaded gas, it can burn your sensors and cause you to expose black smoke out the exhaust. Hope this helps.