Help in Charlottesville VA desperately needed

87V6

So, no mechanics in Charlottesville want to touch my car. Here's the problems I've been having:

Now: the car will start, but stalls immediately if I do not give it some throttle. If I get the car running, and I let off the gas, it will stall regardless of what speed I am going.

When it would run slightly better: Intermittently, the car would have real bad stuttering/hesitating/fuel cut issues when I would apply more than about 60% throttle or got above about 3000 or so RPMs. The wierd thing is that it was an intermittent problem, sometimes it would run for a few miles without any real problems, and sometimes it would barely get down the road.

I have no idea what's wrong. Ideally, somebody on this board that knows these cars real well would be willing to come by here and try to help me figure out what's wrong. Or, somebody could recommend somebody in the Charlottesville area, preferably either a well known reputable mechanic or performance shop that won't be afraid of my car. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you very much.

email is aml7v@virginia.edu
AIM is FijiVR4
cell is (973) 769-1688 if you want to get ahold of me

I just looked up on a map where Charlottesville is located--you kinda out in "left" field as i look at the map.I think Reds hotair is located near you(couple of hours).Look up redshotair info on this board to contact him.In fact if you look at the bottom of this southeast section--he has a VA BS thread he started.

Hope that helps.

Geoff

first things that pop in my head are a blown off IC hose, maf sensor, or fuel filter and or pump problem.
hope you get it worked out.
CJ

tap on the MAF softly when engien is running, if the idle changes surges or stalls, it is toast.

Better still..unplug the connector to the MAF, and start her up. try driving it around gently and see how it does. If this seems to straiten thing out, you need a new MAF sensor.

8 to 5 that's your problem.

How's it going? Got it running right yet? I live 45min. from you. I am not the worlds leading expert, but I may be able to help.

Scott H.

Miller's Auto

miller's auto in Staunton Va. He will, and can, work on anything. He did some work on my 86gn. He does work for a Porsche dealer next door. specialty work. I have seen everything from Rolls Royce to Delorians and supercharged mustangs there. the prices are fair as well.