Help I cant get my GN to start!!!!!

Buickcruiser

Hey guys
I am about ready to go crazy. I can’t figure out why my 84 GN won’t start. I just got done installing new head gaskets, 50 lb injector, a new fuel regulator from kirbian, and a turbo tweek chip. I am getting a spark using a sparkplug tester. The injectors are showing 12 using a voltmeter. The fuel pressure gauge is showing 20 psi no mater how I adjust it. I have also tested the cam and crank sensor. When I start to crank it the digital gauges do down and it barely cranks. I have even replaced the battery and it starts to crank for a couple of times and now it is doing the same thing. Even when I am jumping it with my truck. I don’t know what else to do any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
David

:confused: :confused: :confused:

first, I would try to find why it is cranking slow if it is. If so pull the starter and take it and get it tested. Before that though check all your battery cables. Make sure you have good connections to the starter and the negative cable is connected cleanly to the block or head. Check these first and get back to us. The sensors sound like they are working. Have you tried your stock chip? Although you cant run it this way it will al least let you see if it starts. You may have a bad chip. I have seen it in the past. try these and get back with us. If none of these work you will need a scan tool and some other items to check the system.

problems

Try the ecm under the coil if it is bad it will try to turn over but wont.

The starter cranked normal when I changed the battery but after a couple of cranks is started doing the same thing again. Is their any chance that a dead alternator would keep a gn from starting. What was the ecm isn’t that the computer?? I will try putting the sock computer in and see if that will work. The thing that has me puzzled is that it is even acting like a dead battery even when I am jumping it? By the way I do have a scan tool.
Thanks again
David

If the cam sensor is out of adjustment, the engine can "kick back" or turn over slow when you try to start it.

Eric

When you put everything back in did you remember the big ground wire that goes from the battery to the turbo bracket / head? Been there done that.

I had a similar experience, turned out to be pin C16 on the ECM was rotted and broke. So if all else fails check that.

Hey guys
I tried several things today I checked both of the pins on the ecm going to the computer they were fine. The ground wire is secure between the ac bracket to the engine. This might be a different location compared to the 86/87s. I went to check the crank sensor it self and I am not receiving a signal from the B terminal when cranking the engine. Could that be what’s wrong ? I have always been under the impression that if the crank sensor is not working the engine wont spark. But mine is??? I tried both my original 84 ecm/computer and the 87 with the new turbotweek 50 lb. chip both had the same results.
I also connected my turbolink with 84 ecm the key turned there are no cods but when I cranked it the first time I get Codes 14 Cts Voltage high, 34 MAF MAP sen low, 35 IAC error, 41Cam sen failure ,42EST monitor line failure ,43ESC Knock control failure ,44 Exhaust lean, 45rich ,51Incorect prom check sum, 52 Bad or missing cal pack, 55 ECM A/D converter failure 53 water injection failure. None of the codes last more then a frame or two. The second crank It just showed 54 fuel pump voltage low, 55 ECM a/d Converter failure . agin none last the only way I could tell was from reviewing saved data.
Then I swiched to the 87 Ecm/ computer and received. codes 25 mat sensor voltage high ,31 waste gate pulses absent,32 EGR diagnostic circuit ,33maf mat high ,34maf map low,35iac idle speed error,41cam sensor failure ,42 EST monitor line failure. Again the don’t last but a frame or two. I also noticed that the batter voltage dropped to 6v when I was trying to start it. Also the cam sensor is set right according to the cam set tool.
So any ideas??????????????????????????????????
Sorry for the long post but I really want to get this thing running again.
Thanks
David

one more thing When reviewing the codes in turbolink I noticed that most had something to do with the ecm, prom, cal pack and or the ignition module Does that sound like a possibility if so how can you check them. Is this my computer or the thing under the coil pack.

ttt
I will be out of town untill thurs. but if you guus have any Idea why my gn wont start i would realy apreciate it

Thanks
David