Help for a Friend

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
A new friend of mine, (turboandy) is having some problems with his recently purchased TR(WE4). He purchased car and it ran great for a couple of days. He did a full throttle blast and it has began running bad. Car is running very RICH and just seems to stumble under any throttle. Here are some scan tool numbers at idle
b L 105
IAC 32-34
LV8 48
MAF 8
Spark Adv 38
TPS .37
Fuel Pressure was 38#'s

I know TPS is a little low but like I said I ran perfect for a few days till a wide open blast.
Here is what else we have tried. Put in a known good factory chip, good MAF, and all hoses are hooked up correctly. Seems to be a good amount of carbon build up in the engine as well. Looks like factory injectors, F/P regulator, MAF. Only upgrade looks to be the turbo. The Rich problem is what is puzzling the most, F/P around 58# under throttle. Voltage seemed a little low he checked and only getting 12.5v. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Do you have any readings when the cars starts running bad?
BLM
MAF
Volts

AT 2850 rpm under throttle were started stumbling had

1. BLM 105
2. IAC 101
3. MAF 72 Ranged between 3-255
4. 02 voltage was .87v
5. TPS 1.25

The curve on the MAF was up and down!

These readings were off of a Genisys SPX OTC

Please help!

sgrim said:
A new friend of mine, (turboandy) is having some problems with his recently purchased TR(WE4). He purchased car and it ran great for a couple of days. He did a full throttle blast and it has began running bad. Car is running very RICH and just seems to stumble under any throttle. Here are some scan tool numbers at idle
b L 105
IAC 32-34
LV8 48
MAF 8
Spark Adv 38
TPS .37
Fuel Pressure was 38#'s

I know TPS is a little low but like I said I ran perfect for a few days till a wide open blast.
Here is what else we have tried. Put in a known good factory chip, good MAF, and all hoses are hooked up correctly. Seems to be a good amount of carbon build up in the engine as well. Looks like factory injectors, F/P regulator, MAF. Only upgrade looks to be the turbo. The Rich problem is what is puzzling the most, F/P around 58# under throttle. Voltage seemed a little low he checked and only getting 12.5v. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
I would check the resistance of each injector with an ohm meter.