help crap master failed

I have had more master cylinders fail then Powermaster systems. Once every 10 years/100K miles - I will keep my Powermaster.

From your tone, it sounds like you are another parrot that thinks that is a bad record - so just go with some big clunky vacuum system.

the tone is not mine I get most of my info about our cars from turbo buick guys like yourself that have much more knowledge about pm than I but if you got 1000 guys say pm is junk and unsafe and then you have 5 guys say it not i dont know about you but ill go with the 1000:cool: every car i have ever own used vac never had a problem think like 75 cars now 2 of them were pm/turbo buick and had some issue :frown: I dont think a turbo buick oner would remove a pm and go to vac or hb system if he/she could get a pm to work good because to me a pm is unique to our cars and it looks way cooler then others

it was said in jest!

I wrote a responce to this but I had to come back and rewrite it because I have no need to play your games. And yes, when you call people names, they do get TOUCHY. You should have learned that a long time ago. We are here to give input on each others experiences with our cars. Keith and I have both taken a lot of time and spent a ton of money testing, rebuilding, and price searching for different components so we can give solid input on this topic. If your ever back in Iowa visiting your 3000 acres, let us know, we'll show you how well our car stops. If your statement was some sort of threat, I doubt any of Iowa guys are worried.

But since you have a problem with it, then you can worry about it, as I sure won't,
I really dislike it when guys like you claim to "know it all"
(you probably thought the Edsel was a good idea too! )
and want to tell others your way is the best way.
You have an opinion, NOTHING MORE!, please do not bad mouth another view point ,just be cause you don't agree.
as was posted, if 1000 guys say Vac is ok, and 5 guys say hydro boost is good, common sense says either would probably work OK. but that the vac is more preferred!
never was a threat said, or intended.
your jilted perception is what causes you to not see what is obvious,
if you cannot stand the heat, I recommend you exit the kitchen.
I sent you a PM trying to make amends, but you choose to continue the issue.

But since you have a problem with it, then you can worry about it, as I sure won't,
You have an opinion, NOTHING MORE!, please do not bad mouth another view point ,just be cause you don't agree.
as was posted, if 1000 guys say Vac is ok, and 5 guys say hydro boost is good, common sense says either would probably work OK. but that the vac is more preferred!

Sent me a PM? Maybe you've mixed me up with TurboNut85? I've never bad mouthed vac brakes so maybe you need to check which "T's" have been crossed and which "i's" have been dotted. Give it up dude. Threats, names, etc show where your mindstate is. Re-read the post about 1000 failed crapmaster complaints and 5 good reviews.

I was poking fun at my self.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but then you wouldn't understand,
I spent a big portion of my life fixing combines, thrashing machines, corn pickers, and other farm equipment, but you seem to have an attitude, so good for you, see what that brings you in life,
me? I'll go play with my GNX,WE4, T type, or other toys, that farming provided for me.
enjoy!

^^^^^This is the "making amends" PM you sent to me, not Jdpolzin.^^^^^

Doesn't seem like you are doing anything except witch-hunting people from Iowa. Not sure why....guess there isn't anything better for you to do in California. This isn't the first time you have flamed Jdpolzin and me either....seems to be a pattern. As seen here: Post #35

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...eels/307326-question-those-vacuum-brakes.html

I'm trying to figure out what issues you have with me and Jdpolzin.....whatever it is....you should get past it and move on....

All the input we give about HB, PM and Vac brakes is from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE....meaning we have tried all three systems, and have spent countless hours and $$$ troubleshooting each system. Our hands-on findings are the basis of our "opinions" on this subject. If there was a perfect brake system out there for Turbo Buicks, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Fact is, there is not. We have found, (through real-world experience) that, of the three systems out there, the HB system gives the greatest line pressure, pedal feel, and reliability of all of them. And it is close in price to the vac system, and less than half the price of the PM.

That's what this forum is here for....so people that have not had the presonal experience with one issue or another, can ask questions and recieve feedback from others that have. Not to call each other names and make un-founded assumptions regarding what others do, or do not know. You don't know me...you don't know what I've done...what I've tried...or what I know. So don't act like you do. If you don't have any technical advise to give, then don't bother. Maybe it's time you exited the kitchen.....

[ of the three systems out there, the HB system gives the greatest line pressure, pedal feel, and reliability of all of them. And it is close in price to the vac system, and less than half the price of the PM.

That's what this forum is here for....so people that have not had the presonal experience with one issue or another, can ask questions and recieve feedback from others that have. Not to call each other names and make un-founded assumptions regarding what others do, or do not know. You don't know me...you don't know what I've done...what I've tried...or what I know. So don't act like you do. If you don't have any technical advise to give, then don't bother. Maybe it's time you exited the kitchen.....

OK... these pm/vac/hb threads are fun, aren't they?? :biggrin: Having daily driven 84-87 GN/TRs brand new on a regular basis when I worked for GM (Company/fleet cars..that I/my buddy spec'd/ordered :biggrin: HB and PM equipped), driven 3 different TTA's (GM fleet/parade cars - VAC brakes) brand new, owned my 86TR for 19 yrs, which incidently, I bought with a dinged up front end from my GM exec/best friend whose wife drove it thru the garage wall due to failed PM and sold it as a result.. I would:

1) probably agree with the line pressure statement, I think that's been shown.
2) give a pass on the pedal feel statement... it's subjective, and the vac brakes are more progressive... but the HB's will really throw you in the belts if you aren't..uhhh..gentle... and so will the PM's_when_they_work_ ..to each their own..
3) mildly disagree with the reliability statement... what with the extra complexity of ps pump, lines, leaks, etc... and for real, how many well maintained vacuum system brake booster failures occur??

Of all the above, the tta's had the best brakes by far... vacuum brakes... which should say enough about the viability of vac brakes on a TR.. at the same time understanding the reason why the HB has a fairly large fanbase.. and also wondering why anyone would want to retain the PM for reasons other than originality... it's just not reliable_ENOUGH_.. in my opinion..:)

Definitely agree with the rest of your post!! We offer our opinions and experience... all we can do... the choice is individual... Why I love this forum... :)

the tone is not mine I get most of my info about our cars from turbo buick guys like yourself that have much more knowledge about pm than I but if you got 1000 guys say pm is junk and unsafe and then you have 5 guys say it not i dont know about you but ill go with the 1000:cool: every car i have ever own used vac never had a problem think like 75 cars now 2 of them were pm/turbo buick and had some issue :frown: I dont think a turbo buick oner would remove a pm and go to vac or hb system if he/she could get a pm to work good because to me a pm is unique to our cars and it looks way cooler then others

I understand but these days it gets hard to just go with the masses because of the parroting. It is like Sgt. Schultz says, "Everybody wants to be an expert."

How many people were screaming about how ya got to have the long pinion snubber to have any hope of hooking at the track?

LOL

It is a lively thread ain't it.

I'll just say that ya never know what somebody is feeling at the time and sometimes our human emotion is totally foul for nothing anybody trying to help out on the board had to do with, but is feeling it.

Yes it is quite a lively thread! lol

Its like with anything there are more than one way to stop the car. Keep your PM, go vacuum, or go HB. Hell even with those of us that have gone HB there are 2 different ways. 84-85 setup, or make your own lines and go to a late model HB setup.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Yes it is quite a lively thread! lol

Its like with anything there are more than one way to stop the car. Keep your PM, go vacuum, or go HB. Hell even with those of us that have gone HB there are 2 different ways. 84-85 setup, or make your own lines and go to a late model HB setup.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

And dont forget manual brakes!