Help!! car won't start

TurboTA89

well maybe you guys can help me out. The car will not turn over. All the light come on in the interior and the gauge's move when I turn the key to start it. The fuel pump and injectors also come on when i turn the key. I know its not the starter and i just put a new ignition switch in. I would appreciate any help you guys have with this. Thx

If you replaced the ignition switch did you replace it with one that has the VATS in it? Could also be your VATS module as well.

HTH

Lee

Not recommended by everybody but if you want to bypass your VATS system, measure the resistance of the chip in the key, then go to radio shack and by a resistor and insert it at the connector on the column. I did this and I'm sure some will slam me for it...oh well.

It wont turn over at all, i gave up trying to find out what's wrong with it and took it to the shop. I'll let you know what they find out.

The VATS system won't keep the car from cranking, it simply won't send the signal to the ECM to allow the car to start. Ie the car cranks but doesn't fire. Hope it's somthing cheap. Starter relay?

check the fusable links on the starter one coulda burned up or corroded away. You could also see if you are getting juice to the starter terminal when you turn the key.... If you get no juice than it's a wiring prob if you have juice then it couild be a siezed starter.....

TurboTA89 said:
well maybe you guys can help me out. The car will not turn over. All the light come on in the interior and the gauge's move when I turn the key to start it. The fuel pump and injectors also come on when i turn the key. I know its not the starter and i just put a new ignition switch in. I would appreciate any help you guys have with this. Thx

What turned out to be the fix? I have the same problem right now.

Thanks in advance

Jim

I had a problem like this. Ended up checking and my starter solenoid was only getting 7 volts when the car was hot. The long wiring run through the car dropped like 4 volts. If you follow the wiring it starts at the starter, goes to the ignition switch, then to the vats relay, then to the starter solenoid. What I did on mine was let my ignition switch activate a 30 amp relay that transfered power from the fuse box "hot" terminal to the VATS and all my problems were solved.

Some will install a Ford solenoid in the engine compartment.

Go to your VATS relay and measure DC voltage using a meter.. see if you have 12 volts.. if not.. work on the cure.

HTH