HELP??? car died, while driving.

that looks like the prime connector but its in sad shape on the connection and missing the plastic connector to prevent it from grounding out , if it hit any metal with key on it would have blown the FP fuse

the wire that feeds the underhood lamp can be disconected from the lamp and should plug into that prime connector

that looks like the prime connector but its in sad shape on the connection and missing the plastic connector to prevent it from grounding out , if it hit any metal with key on it would have blown the FP fuse

the wire that feeds the underhood lamp can be disconected from the lamp and should plug into that prime connector
I don't see where the prim connector is even supposed to plug in? And you are talking about the one missing the metal cap right? I'll replace the go fuse but I looked at it earlier and it was fine

I dont think its any of those. Isnt the prime connector a single gray. That one that is beat up looks like the green tach wire. Look for a single gray wire connector around that same area. Also it looks like your fuel pump is hotwired. You can see the fuse and wire hooked up to the back of the alrernator. Since it is hotiwired u might want to check that fuse amd also the relay mounted in the rear by the fuel tank harness.

It doesnt hook up anywere specifically. All ypu have to do is run a wire with power to it. And they specify the underhood light one since it will plug in and should have 12v current to it.

I dont think its any of those. Isnt the prime connector a single gray. That one that is beat up looks like the green tach wire. Look for a single gray wire connector around that same area. Also it looks like your fuel pump is hotwired. You can see the fuse and wire hooked up to the back of the alrernator. Since it is hotiwired u might want to check that fuse amd also the relay mounted in the rear by the fuel tank harness.
Ok thanks

It doesnt hook up anywere specifically. All ypu have to do is run a wire with power to it. And they specify the underhood light one since it will plug in and should have 12v current to it.
So that fuse on the alternator is blown would that wire that might be the jump blow the fuse on the alternator cause I don't need this problem again?

I sent pictures you will see the underhood light plug. Just disconenct it and plug it into the other harness and u should get the pump to turn on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    894.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    999.5 KB · Views: 135
It could happen. Like i said im not sure if that wire is the actual fuel test lead but i remember it being a single gray one. Either way go ahead and tape it just incase it is grounding out. If you are blowing a fuse when jumping the wire then there is a short somewere along that harness.

Ok so the hotwire fuse was bad didn't know I had a hotwire harness but hey learned something new fixed the fuse she came right to life but I don't want to blow it again so I went through what I could of the harness and it to my knowledge seems good for the exception of the wire that could be the wire used to jump the fuel pump I don't know if that's still connected to the system and can affect the New harness but it was in bad shape so I taped it up amend secured it out of the way in hopes of it not being an issue anymore and for now it seems fine only time will tell if that fixed it

you will get the hang of it don/t let get to you keep asking got a lot of talent here not me the tech forum

Glad you got it back on the road. Just keep a couple fuses in the car just incase it ever happens again. Good thing it was a easy fix. Maybe someone else can chime in on this but i think theres a certain amp fuse that the hotwire uses. Maybe the e85 pump requires a higher amp fuse. Who knows just a guess. As long as you looked everything over and it looks fine you should be good.

so im cruising about 45mph and she dies just instantly no gurgle just dead..i safely get off the road, i though it was an error code 52 again it used to do that so i fixed the powerlogger which was coming loose and causing the issue
I have this EXACT issue. I'll just pull the PL out a bit and slide it back in and the car runs great for a few weeks then starts to stumble while driving and eventually flash a code 51. Somehow after playing with it again its not done this in a month but just yesterday it stumbled again. Hate fighting with this issue.

I have this EXACT issue. I'll just pull the PL out a bit and slide it back in and the car runs great for a few weeks then starts to stumble while driving and eventually flash a code 51. Somehow after playing with it again its not done this in a month but just yesterday it stumbled again. Hate fighting with this issue.
So it's a common issue? everyone with PL has this symptom? I was thinking of getting one but this sounds stressful

So it's a common issue? everyone with PL has this symptom? I was thinking of getting one but this sounds stressful
No not common. Many many people have been fine. The PL is awesome for tuning I just have to work out the bugs I'm having. Also keep in mind I daily my car quite a bit and it sees rain.

No not common. Many many people have been fine. The PL is awesome for tuning I just have to work out the bugs I'm having. Also keep in mind I daily my car quite a bit and it sees rain.
I use a piece of foam and some zip ties to secure it no more issue

I use a piece of foam and some zip ties to secure it no more issue
I've tried the zip ties but the problem eventually pops backup and the only way to fix is to remove the zip ties, pull the pl out and put back in and it's good for a couple more weeks. Car shut off on me twice while in traffic today

I've tried the zip ties but the problem eventually pops backup and the only way to fix is to remove the zip ties, pull the pl out and put back in and it's good for a couple more weeks. Car shut off on me twice while in traffic today
i dont remember the guy but the guy who makes the powerloggers have yo umessaged him about it he might have a solution