HELP??? car died, while driving.

so im cruising about 45mph and she dies just instantly no gurgle just dead..i safely get off the road, i though it was an error code 52 again it used to do that so i fixed the powerlogger which was coming loose and causing the issue but when i checked that nothing happened no start up now the car turns over but no ignition i checked fuel tank half a tank of gas and i check the ecm no error codes idk what to check or where to look i got it to gurgle like some burps while turning over but then nothing now the battery is almost dead so i gave up found a ride and tomorrow i will have it towed home .... i need help cause im at a loss i dont know what to do or where to look she was running great then bam died on the road

Get it towed now? You don't want to show up tomorrow and find it missing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get it towed now? You don't want to show up tomorrow and find it missing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's true I didn't want to but it's been a long day between the surgery and the errands and then prego girlfriend wanting sushi and being pregnant it's been a rough day plus....she is in a good neighborhood

It's true I didn't want to but it's been a long day between the surgery and the errands and then prego girlfriend wanting sushi and being pregnant it's been a rough day plus....she is in a good neighborhood
Sorry to hear that. It's gonna be tough working on the car once the baby is here. My GN sat for three years lol.

if the pump doesnt run for a few seconds with key on you need to tackle that first because if you dont have fuel pressure it will never run so forget the noid for now

the site i posted the link to has other articles for troubleshooting the fuel pump
you can jumper the fuel prime using the wire lead that goes to the hood lamp and connect that to the fuel prime wire connector behind the alternator (should be taped to the harness), if the pump runs and builds pressure the car should start and you have a relay or fuse issue (FP/inj fuse) to the pump , if hotwire theres usually a fuse under hood and relay at the back bumper that could be bad, if pump wire has power and doesnt run the pump may be bad

you can jumper the fuel prime using the wire lead that goes to the hood lamp and connect that to the fuel prime wire connector behind the alternator (should be taped to the harness), if the pump runs and builds pressure the car should start and you have a relay or fuse issue (FP/inj fuse) to the pump , if hotwire theres usually a fuse under hood and relay at the back bumper that could be bad, if pump wire has power and doesnt run the pump may be bad
Well at the moment I can only check the fuse and it's good so when I can I'll try the jump technique but I'm not using a haywire setup I think it's stock for the exception of the New pump for the e85 conversion

there is when i first turn the key its about three seconds no pressure on the gauge still and after i turn the key off and back on no whine im assume cause its already primed it doesnt but just in case i tried to located my fuel filter couldnt find it and the is the pump located inside the tank just so i know?

no noise from pump ? pump is in the tank
prime only lasts a few seconds after key on , then you need to key off and reset for atleast ten seconds to have the prime activate again with key on
the prime is not pressure related as theres no sensor to the ecu to know that . it just runs for a few seconds
try the wire jump to the fuel pump prime wire and see if the pump runs and makes pressure
no pump noise check for 12v at the tan wire at the tank connector
if no 12v and you have a hotwire its jumped in between the factory connectors ..disconnect the hotwire setup and reconnect the factory harness plug to the tank harness plug and see if the pump runs

Well hes saying he does here the pump prime but has no pressure. Maybe a loose hose in the tank. Unless there is a huge leak on the fuel line.

if you hear the whine of the pump , the aftermarket pumps normally install with a rubber hose and hose clamps and that hose may have popped off or fell apart if it wasn't e85 compatible , , if noise and no pressure time to drop the tank and pull the hanger and see what you have

theres a fuel filter on the frame rail on driverside by rear edge of door and a filter sock in the tank on the end of the fuel pump

ok there is a priming noise when i first turn the key and there are no fuel leaks that i can find and i still have at least half a tank of gas the fuel line were replaced with i want to say Teflon coated line? or what ever lines where recommended with the pump and professionally installed i was wondering if a bad filter could cause no pressure cause right now it would be really difficult to drop the tank seeing as how i had to park on the street of y complex cause without the car running i cant get it into my tight garage

Ive never seen a filter so clogged up as to not let any fuel through but i guess it could happen. One way or another your best option will be dropping the tank. i guess you can always disconnect the line before the fuel filter and see if you get fuel there. are you using a fuel pressure gauge at the rail?

Ive never seen a filter so clogged up as to not let any fuel through but i guess it could happen. One way or another your best option will be dropping the tank. i guess you can always disconnect the line before the fuel filter and see if you get fuel there. are you using a fuel pressure gauge at the rail?
Yes I have the gauge on rail

Which of these wires do I jump?

Attachments

• 0508161538.jpg
    0508161538.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 0508161538a.jpg
    0508161538a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83