BL......128
CLT.....120
ATS........87
rpm.....850 ish
TPS.......42 (.42 rather)
IAC.....0
cc........ranging from 28-220
NAC?........0
o2 millivolts? Lowest 605 highest 710 (real readings....I now it fluctuates a bit at idle)

all numbers are at idle. My car is showing no codes and will not crank most of the time (I am going to look at the cam sensor). The problem is that when I can get it to crank it is running pig rich.

any input?

thanks. 87 t-type....new crank sensor, computer, ignition module...blah :p

jw

sorry, forgot

05...thats what the scanmaster claimed anyway :)
thanks for the help

I am about to do very bad things in the general direction of this car if it doesn't run soon

05 is ok. coolant is probably too low,let car warm up all the way(drive around the block if you can) and re-read the #'s.
nal= malfunction codes.

rpm alittle high. look for a vaccumn leak.use wd40 and spray around and see if rpms change.

usually the MAF will go bad without any codes,seems?good? unplug it,start car and see if car runs better at idle.

L8......36-42
INT.....123
BL......128
CLT.....120
ATS........87
rpm.....850 ish
TPS.......42 (.42 rather)
IAC.....0
cc........ranging from 28-220
NAC?........0
o2 millivolts? Lowest 605 highest 710 (real readings....I now it fluctuates a bit at idle)

all numbers are at idle. My car is showing no codes and will not crank most of the time (I am going to look at the cam sensor). The problem is that when I can get it to crank it is running pig rich.

any input?

thanks. 87 t-type....new crank sensor, computer, ignition module...blah :p

jw

When you say "will not crank" are you sure you don't mean "will not fire"? Cranking is when the starter is spinning the engine over. If an engine doesn't crank that means the starter can't even spin it over (usually a dead battery, etc.).

The numbers you're supplying don't indicate anything too far out of whack, except the coolant temp. Is the car getting completely warmed up?
Drive it around a little while, then pull into your driveway and take the same readings after shifting into park.

I appologize

for not being more specific. I have been fighting this problem for a while. When the car will not start...it cranks over fine...I have fuel....I have NO injector pulse and I have NO SPARK. The term will not crank comes from being a southerner (as in "GEE GOLLY BUBBA.......SHE AINT GON CRANK") :D gotta love it. thanks for the help

jw

scared to drive it as last time I did....I had to pay $80 for a tow fee. Before replacing all of the above parts. At that time it wouldn't start at all. It initially died while i was driving it which led to the crank sensor.

IAC is wrong (at 0) and setting it will change tps

Tuning (Idle Air Control) Adjustment

much more info on that site as well

thanks

for the input. Interesting info. on that link. I don't know that it could cause the issues I'm having but I'm going to set it regardless. I've seen stranger things.

JW

Well, having the IAC properly adjusted certainly isn't going to hurt, I don't think having an IAC value of 0 is going to cause a no start condition. There's something else going on here. I have mine set to zero under certain conditions, and it has NEVER caused a no fire condition.

If you dont have power to your injectors OR your ignition I would start checking grounds, fuseable links, and possibly fuses.

Maybe your ECM? Got one you can borrow from someone?

Sure their isn't a IAC failure, mine when bad, and for some reason the car ran completely like crap, really rich!
,Dan

thanks for the input

I have been fighting this problem for far too long. I have purchased and installed ecu/battery/ignition module/crank sensor....I purchased noid lights to check the injectors. If I haven't tried in a while I can get the car to fire right up....it will run however long I choose to run it (rich at idle...not according to the scanmaster but it deff. smells it). As soon as I turn the car off and try to re-start I have no spark/injector pulse. I am going to check the cam sensor but it doesn't explain the rich idle....or why it will fire up very easily the first try.........even after I tried to start it warm and got nothing. I am going to purchase a new chip as soon as possible. I don't think this is the problem but the chip is most likely 15 yrs old and the company is no longer around. you never know.

anyone have a spare :)

thanks again

JW

update

Today I replaced the IAC valve and the cam sensor. I got the car to run and drove it around the neighborhood for a while (first time the car has moved in 2 months). I got out of the car and let it idle a while....after a few minutes the car turned itself off. I realized that my temps were too high. The radiator was only half full and the resvoir was empty. I'm suprised I didn't notice it but oh well. I think the car is fine but i still couldn't get it to re-start after that................tomorrow I'm starting with as much of a full wire check as I can manage.....running out of idea's here.

thanks
JW