Help a guy out with suspension suggestions

Reaver

I have about $2000 that I want to put into getting the car to handle better. Pro-Touring is my goal, not drag racing. I would like to drop it 2". I don't plan on doing a bunch of adjusting after the initial install, I'm more of a set it and forget it kinda guy. I understand coil overs are probably the way to go. I see some kits include A- Arms and some don't. I'm not sure how much they will improve over all handling or if doing a sway bar instead gives me more bang for the buck. Also what spring rates should I pick? I have some audio in the trunk so stronger probably there would be important not to bottom out. Whats the best I can buy for my budget?

Last edited:
First things first. Measure the current ride height and scale the car so you know where the weight's sitting. Once you do that then a spring recommendation can be made.;) Your car may already be sitting 2" lower than stock if the springs are original.

I have about $2000 that I want to put into getting the car to handle better. Pro-Touring is my goal, not drag racing. I would like to drop it 2". I don't plan on doing a bunch of adjusting after the initial install, I'm more of a set it and forget it kinda guy. I understand coil overs are probably the way to go. I see some kits include A- Arms and some don't. I'm not sure how much they will improve over all handling or if doing a sway bar instead gives me more bang for the buck. Also what spring rates should I pick? I have some audio in the trunk so stronger probably there would be important not to bottom out. Whats the best I can buy for my budget?
A nice affordable complete system is the RideTech level 2 coil over system which comes with the new front "Tru-Turn" set up which eliminates bump-steer to only 0.065" through 5" of suspension travel.... It also includes front & rear single adjustable coil overs so you can set your ride height Exactly where you want it and you can adjust the desired ride quality with the adjustment knob on the shocks. It also comes with adjustable rear upper control arms and lower control arms.....Then your just sway bars away from a complete RideTech suspension system... OR we can piece together parts separately for your budget at the moment...Then when your ready we can add to it as your budget allows.

I am running this system on our personal test car right now (with the exception of the rear control arms we are running DSE rear control arms) and Love how the car handles!

Here is a picture of the Level 2 coil over kit: Retails for $3,300 - We will do this complete kit for ya for $3,000 Feel free to call us with any questions you may have

78-gbody-level-2.jpg