Hello

I would think 4.3 turbo stuff would be way more expensive. It isn't like there's a ton of sy/ty parts around

not using anything from sy/ty . using stock n\a manifolds and was going to use the boat
mpi intake but going with the edelbrock and welding the injector bungs in.

Why not just use the 3.8? Why spend all this money on the 4.3 when you got a whole 3.8 setup? But I guess it's cheaper to reinvent the wheel:rolleyes: Is there something I'm missing here? What big advantage does the 4.3 have to the 3.8?

Why not just use the 3.8? Why spend all this money on the 4.3 when you got a whole 3.8 setup? But I guess it's cheaper to reinvent the wheel:rolleyes: Is there something I'm missing here? What big advantage does the 4.3 have to the 3.8?

what you are missing :rolleyes: is the fact that 3.8 is blown up. The 4.3 is not
tell me were I can get a running 3.8 with computer harness and trans for 300.00 and I will buy it.:wink:

what you are missing :rolleyes: is the fact that 3.8 is blown up. The 4.3 is not
tell me were I can get a running 3.8 with computer harness and trans for 300.00 and I will buy it.:wink:

Aj, i believe has a complete running N/A motor for less than that. also check the list...

Id still go 3.8 you are gonna beat your head against the wall tryin to turbo a n/a 4.3 and get decent performance out of it id start with what you have go thru it save the parts you can and rebuild it..A cheapie rebuild done correct will take you alot further so you know what you have...New gaskets, ,timing chain, valve springs etc...

The bottom line on this is doing this on a budget and from what I have found I can do the 4.3 which I already have (3) for much cheaper than a Buick 3.8.

Like I say, money talks... personally, I think it would be cool and different... and since you have 3 4.3s... I say go for it and if you change your mind, you can always rebuild the 3.8 and swap back over.

The bottom line on this is doing this on a budget and from what I have found I can do the 4.3 which I already have (3) for much cheaper than a Buick 3.8.

Well, kinda. Forged internals are more expensive for a 4.3 than a 3.8 believe it or not. Roller cams are cheaper though.:confused:

A turbo 4.3 must be cheaper, that's why everybody is building them. I'm sure the 4.3 will love the boost with the stock pistons

Well I have been doing alot of searching of this forum and others . I have made up my mind on which direction I'm going on the powerplant. SeriesII 3800 seems to be the most cost effective way to do it. :D

Well I have been doing alot of searching of this forum and others . I have made up my mind on which direction I'm going on the powerplant. SeriesII 3800 seems to be the most cost effective way to do it. :D

Like the idea but remember it'll have more power than you expect. You sure you want your kid to drive a 10 second car?:eek: The one trannyman built was baasically a stock engine with a single turbo and he has already gotten into the 10's with it.:biggrin:

Like the idea but remember it'll have more power than you expect. You sure you want your kid to drive a 10 second car?:eek: The one trannyman built was baasically a stock engine with a single turbo and he has already gotten into the 10's with it.:biggrin:

would the series II3800 engine work well in a Rear wheel drive setup?

And my next project is a supercharged 3800 firebird so yeah, it works.

Blocks are the same. Just get a L67, strip some stuff off, get a RWD front cover, oil pan, intake, and some accesories and a turbo and you have a easy 11 sec 3.8 with a GOOD computer you can run HPT on. Theres a reason Im going OBDII :D

And my next project is a supercharged 3800 firebird so yeah, it works.

Blocks are the same. Just get a L67, strip some stuff off, get a RWD front cover, oil pan, intake, and some accesories and a turbo and you have a easy 11 sec 3.8 with a GOOD computer you can run HPT on. Theres a reason Im going OBDII :D

Blocks are not the same. The Series II engine is on center and the RWD block is off center. Not to mention the Series II block has a smaller bell housing. There's an adaptor that will let you use a stock RWD tranny though. Some fab work is required unless you want to pay around $600 for everything.:biggrin: