Hello

That's the SFI IC intake for the 86-87 cars. Looks like you got a good start.:smile:

what would be a good price on that Intake just curious as to how good of a deal I got. Or should I say may get I never have any luck actually getting what I win on Ebay.

what would be a good price on that Intake just curious as to how good of a deal I got. Or should I say may get I never have any luck actually getting what I win on Ebay.

I've seen them go for as little as $100 and as high as $500. The injectors may not be usable so there's no telling if you got a decent deal unless you say how much you paid.

BTW, I hope you realize you'll need to pull the frame to do the conversion. It's because of the fuel lines that will need to be replaced.

Hi Sinister80mc
nice to see a factory turbo 3rg gen MC.
Very very few plain jane 3rd gens let alone a factory turbo buick v6 option MC in my neck of the woods.

Ya go for the sfi intercooled v6, a little complicated conversion but very rewarding in the end.
If you can find a 86 87 turbo buick junker cheap ( running motor, posi rear, 200r ,good fuel tank , wire harness if good ) as a donor thats a good start .All the little pieces will be handy especially if you want to change from th350 to 200r and the rear is better than the factory rear in the monte - if I had to do this again this would be the direction I would go. Also - I had a seasoned turbo buick veteran who did the conversion for me at his shop. If I had done it I'm sure the car would have taken a year longer to get running.
btw I did not have to pull the frame for fuel lines. I did have to change the fuel tank to a turbo buick style as well as adding a large fuel line to the motor and reused the existing line as the return.

My cardomain site has links to stuff that inspired me to go LC2 V6 and a document from GM with the production numbers .I will try to find some files on the conversion that will come handy ( electrical )

Look forward to the updates.

Steve

Well my typical e bay experience the guy says he accidently sold it at a swap meet and forgot to close the auction.

eBay sent this message to Rickey (sinistern2o1320).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Seller has responded to your question about this item

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear sinistern2o1320,

This item was sold at the swap meet the sunday before the auction ended by accident my girl sold it will i was at the bathroom i have issued you a complete refund sorry about the incovience thanks for your time.

- danluceracingempire

That sucks. I hope you can give him bad feedback about it since you didn't exactly win even though you did.

well probably gonna piss you 3.8 buick guys off but seeing how everything buick 3.8 is
extremely over priced I'm going to do a Chevy 4.3 instead.:D Already have two 4.3 one is a 96 other is 97 complete with computer harness and trans got them both for 300.00 ,ordered the 4.3 mpi boat intake 230.00 ,t3/t4 turbo little bigger than stock sy/ty 350.00. Now just need the time to start working on it .

Not gonna piss me off but I wish you luck on it. The 4.3 chevy is weaker than the 3.8 Buick physically. Take your time and do a lot of reading up so you know what you're up against.

I have done alot of reading already and for what my HP goals are the 4.3 is gonna work just fine and be alot cheaper in the end. Plus the car stays V6 and turbo.

okay HOPE to have some time off this weekend from both jobs to get some work done
on both my project cars . The 3.8 is coming out any one need parts Perv is already gone.

I could use the stock knock sensor and associated wiring for the control center. The wiring goes from the sensor to the distributor and the control center. It's very specific.