Heated O2 sensor

sundevil602

Good afternoon everyone, i searched for an answer and unfortunatly i have not found one.. I'm having trouble with Trouble Code 44. The O2 sensor looks new(4 wire heated O2), so i've traced the wires to ensure they are properly attached and they seem to be.. Could it be possible that the signal wire(purple) could be broke some where? At this point the only other option i have is to change the O2 sensor back to factory. What ideas or recommendations can you offer? Thank you in advance..

Vr
Ed

Good afternoon everyone, i searched for an answer and unfortunatly i have not found one.. I'm having trouble with Trouble Code 44. The O2 sensor looks new(4 wire heated O2), so i've traced the wires to ensure they are properly attached and they seem to be.. Could it be possible that the signal wire(purple) could be broke some where? At this point the only other option i have is to change the O2 sensor back to factory. What ideas or recommendations can you offer? Thank you in advance..

Vr
Ed

Ed you can toss that heated o2 in the trash and go back to the factory one , the heated ones dont work.

Ed you can toss that heated o2 in the trash and go back to the factory one , the heated ones dont work.

??? Don't work for what. They've been working for me for over 15 years.

But the one wire sensors also work fine.

Copy all! Thank you... Is there a way i can check the signal wire to ensure it actually is sending a signal to the ECU? Will any Autozone/Advanced parts O2 sensor be fine for it? Again Thank you!

Dave, how long ago did you retire brother? I'm currently stationed over at Navy Recruiting Command working as an OCS Program Manager. We just started training these SLUGS out here, be nice to get you out here to help with the process. Standing by.

Vr
Ed

??? Don't work for what. They've been working for me for over 15 years.

But the one wire sensors also work fine.

Hey Dave dont get me wrong but i have heard they work longer on race, but for the best result on a stock set up the factory one works the best, I could be wrong.

Copy all! Thank you... Is there a way i can check the signal wire to ensure it actually is sending a signal to the ECU? Will any Autozone/Advanced parts O2 sensor be fine for it? Again Thank you!

Dave, how long ago did you retire brother? I'm currently stationed over at Navy Recruiting Command working as an OCS Program Manager. We just started training these SLUGS out here, be nice to get you out here to help with the process. Standing by.

Vr
Ed

Retired from the Navy in 88, as an EWCS(SW). Lonnnggggg time ago.:eek:

Hey Dave dont get me wrong but i have heard they work longer on race, but for the best result on a stock set up the factory one works the best, I could be wrong.

No you're not completely wrong. The heated sensors are good for longevity if exposed to race gas. One wire sensors work just fine in daily driving chores. Denso being the best. Bosch not so good. And by all means STAY AWAY from AC Delco AFS-22 !!!!!

I've had the same heated O2 in my car for over 12 years with no problems. I always pre-heat it before I start the car.

Dave,
What is wrong with the AFS-22?

Ed

The last 3 we experimented with here all displayed the same bizarre problem. Normally they seem just fine, UNTIL you apply throttle. Anything from pulling away from the traffic light to WOT acceleration shows the same..... The O2's drop to zero and stay there during the acceleration time !!!!