heads OR cam??

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
Hey guys, the time has come to do one or the other right now(money wont let me do both) what would you do get heads or roller cam first? which would give me better gains now?I could prolley get both but I want a roller cam and not tappet. I was looking into getting WEBER ported irons(1300.00) and WEBERs 212-206 roller cam KIT ($1250.00) Which one would you do first if you couldnt do them both at same time? I seen people on here with just a cam and with just heads? PLEASE help, looking to go 10s! ThanX.

heads

Heads will give you a better gain. at least 3-4 tenths , besides a stock cam will go in the tens. You would have to take the heads off and get the guides machined down if you get that roller cam because the lift

Heads will give you a better gain. at least 3-4 tenths , besides a stock cam will go in the tens. You would have to take the heads off and get the guides machined down if you get that roller cam because the lift

ThanX spoolin, thats good info, I did not know the stock cam could go 10s.Could I just slap heads on any other "little" things you would do while putting heads on?Any other GOOD ported irons outthere for good price ready to bolt on? I was also looking at AZGNs( $1300.00) heads AND intake ($150.00), they prolly flow the same as webers huh?

Unless your cam is on the way out, I'd go with new heads. Champion is another choice for heads.

Heads and Turbo could be worth .7. Cam wouldnt do much at all by itself.

What he said. If your heads are stock you need to concentrait on them first. The lift of a roller is MUCH higher and the heads will need a rework anyway.

I wouldn't do either. You already have enough there to go low-11's / high-10's.

Just turn up the boost. ;)

Hey guys, the time has come to do one or the other right now(money wont let me do both) what would you do get heads or roller cam first? which would give me better gains now?I could prolley get both but I want a roller cam and not tappet. I was looking into getting WEBER ported irons(1300.00) and WEBERs 212-206 roller cam KIT ($1250.00) Which one would you do first if you couldnt do them both at same time? I seen people on here with just a cam and with just heads? PLEASE help, looking to go 10s! ThanX.

i would get your set ported you cant put a roller cam in and expect alot of gains because you just cant get it out. goto khai at knperformance@hotmail .com. With heads, intake and doghouse it will be cheaper than weber with just heads. you would probably gain .5 with lower boost. i am not kidding they FLOW!!!. heres some of his work shoot him an email. Flickr: KN Performance's Photostream

Ported heads and intake will really wake that car up. It makes a BIG difference. Cam will help but not near as much as heads will.

update!!

A board member contacted me about a package deal,that Im gonna go with.Ported irons with bigger valves set up for roller cam,beehive springs,sharp 1.60 roller rockers, comp push rods,port matched intake(egr blocked),arp head studs for a very good price.I have to get a roller cam and lifters. I was told to look at full throttles 212-212 roller cam. Would that be a decent cam for my combo? any other cams I should look at? ThanX for the help.