Headliner removal with astro roof?

87_we4

turbo tom
Working not taking my headliner out what's the trick to getting it off around the astro roof?

The headliner fabric is tucked up and over the edge of the astro roof opening, and has a molding over the lip to lock it in place. You will find the fabric has headliner glue on it, even up and over the lip. Counterman.

Is this a true Astroroof or the ASC roof? Before you remove anything, make sure you check and see if the delicate backer board is there... My Astro car has the board, my ASC car did not (it does now).

Also, to make things easier on yourself, I'd recommend pulling the front seats. All you need is a 13mm socket and a few minutes. The headliner will be very fragile and flimsy especially with that big hole cut out of it. You want to be super careful when handling it.

The material Is just tucked in the channel around the astro roof. All I did was pull it gentaly out of the channel and finished pulling the sunvisors and dome light and it came right out

Is this a true Astroroof or the ASC roof? Before you remove anything, make sure you check and see if the delicate backer board is there... My Astro car has the board, my ASC car did not (it does now).

Also, to make things easier on yourself, I'd recommend pulling the front seats. All you need is a 13mm socket and a few minutes. The headliner will be very fragile and flimsy especially with that big hole cut out of it. You want to be super careful when handling it.

hello: Did you replace you headliners? I'd like to get mine replaced with that other than cardboard replacement venders are selling but they don't specify ASC or stock. I believe there stock. So if you did replace your ASC MR headliner is there much of a difference between the two?
IBBY

My Astro Roof car had a styrofoam backing board that the fabric was glued to. Getting the old glue and foam off of the board was a real pain. I had problems with the board delaminating in a spot or two while cleaning the old foam. Take your time, and it will be all good. I did mine back in 95 or 96, and it still looks great. Dealing with the sliding sunshade was the hardest part, but it can be done. Counterman.