Headlights

v6turbojunkie

I took out the headlamps about two years ago and since have given the car a full resto. So now I'm hanging the headlights in place and probably missing parts. I screwed the lamp down tight between the retainer and the rear piece and am having a hard time believing the whole thing is held on by the two adjustment screws. It is still wobbly, I'm missing something. Any help?

go ahead, make fun of the guy who can't change a headlight.:)

Thanks!!!!!!!

Must've looked at those springs a hundred times wondering what they were for, now I know. Got all four right here.

BTW, Poston's front panel for these cars is a piece of garbage. Not sure if it is NOS or what but the casting is obviously worn out or something. There's NOTHING on the sides to screw the headlight bezels down. Seriously, nothing at all, just smooth fiberglass, not any place to push in a nylon nut or even drill a hole. Not sure what to do, wish I realized this sooner.

Originally posted by v6turbojunkie
BTW, Poston's front panel for these cars is a piece of garbage. Not sure if it is NOS or what but the casting is obviously worn out or something. There's NOTHING on the sides to screw the headlight bezels down. Seriously, nothing at all, just smooth fiberglass, not any place to push in a nylon nut or even drill a hole. Not sure what to do, wish I realized this sooner.

Go factory.Most of the aftermarket ones once you install the headlight bezels they never line up correctlly & actually bow.

Its fiberglass. Right? Just take it back off and add some fiberglass to the piece so you have something to drill into. You can do this without haveing to repaint the piece. Lay out 4 or 5 layers of glass on a piece of wax paper. Add your resion over the fiberglass. Work it in so there are no air bubbles. Let it cure. Peel off the wax paper after it has cured. Then you can cut a piece to the size you need. Then glass that piece onto the header panel. When you are done it will be as strong as the rest of the panel.