Headers?

samandw

the stock headers left with the previous owner. not sure about your friend. does he have a GN?

do a search...

this topic comes up quite often. it's obviously a chineese knock off which usually means a gamble on the part of the buyer. Some guys get the good ones:p and some the crap.:eek: I personally tried a header/cat. for my honda d/d and they couldn't even get that right. the header leaks at the 4-2 flange, took 6weeks of trial and error to find a solution. the index on the converter was way out, causing the o2 sensor to be sticking down below the under carriage, so I ended up eliminating that w/ an electronic device to fool the computer.:mad: never again! Oh yeah, can't get replacement gaskets for the 4-2 flange have to be made up each time it blows out.:mad: and this is on a honda!:confused:

I'm looking for headers under $500..... or am i just wasting my time?

$175 for a set of headers?! :eek:

I hope your expectations are REALLY low.

With everything that's been in the news the last few years about what China is trying to get away with, I'm amazed that anyone buys crap from then when there's a choice. Granted, sometimes there's not much of a choice, but when there is, why risk it. Money? Then save up more and be patient.

I did not say they were GN1 headers. I was saying to try a set of GN1's. They are really nice from what I have seen.

ok. thanks guys. looks like i'll just stick with my ATR headers for now and have the up pipe machined flat cause its way out. :cool:

china

china headers might work but they will need quite a bit of massaging if you will -bolt holes dont line up properly and the fit is also bad .I have a set in the garage that I bought used and will be working on them this summer .the good thing about them they have a very thick flanges close to 1/2 inch if not better and the quality of the stainless appears to be ok - but since i have never tried them i cannot vouch what would they look like after some use and abuse ..:D