header question?

What's the deal with the ebay headers? Why are they so cheap and are they difficult to install? What do you guys recommend?

That really didn't answer my question. What I mean is well I'm trying to detail under the hood with new parts but didn't want to sacrifice performance. The ebay headers look nice but that doesn't say anything about performance.

More a problem with quality. Holes needing to be slotted or pipes needing to be cut and rewelded to make them fit.

So you are more concerned with looks? or performance?

The eBay chrome headers seal like shit - as said - holes aren't perfect and need work.

What kind of quality can you expect on such a low volume, niche item, at that price?

any parts store its flame proff high heat spray paint. take your stocker off make shure there not cracked get some one to reinforce the driver side cut the flanges bettewen pipe on the head side. get copper leak proff gasquet for header to head and header to turbo and youl have something a million times better then the ebay headers i both a pair they lasted a week and they exploded at the seems sent em back used the 300 bucks for paint and copper gasquet set and a case of beer best investment ever. paint em a light colour such as grey so you can see leaks right away

any parts store its flame proff high heat spray paint. take your stocker off make shure there not cracked get some one to reinforce the driver side cut the flanges bettewen pipe on the head side. get copper leak proff gasquet for header to head and header to turbo and youl have something a million times better then the ebay headers i both a pair they lasted a week and they exploded at the seems sent em back used the 300 bucks for paint and copper gasquet set and a case of beer best investment ever. paint em a light colour such as grey so you can see leaks right away
Thanks for the info. I'm going to go that route and keep the stockers.

When i bought my car it has a non stock driver side header and a stock passenger side header. All was great until the driver side started leaking at the head to header and passenger side i found 2 or 3 cracks. looking to replace both sides and cross over pipe. Any thoughts concerns? Thanks.

i really like the ta performance headers.however if your not ready to spend the coin or the stockers are in good condition,my advice would be to pull the stockers off and have them ceramic coated.looks great and is low cost just your time.

I used the DEI high temp silicone coating instead of VHT.. Works pretty good on my headers & down pipe .It doesn't really flake off after extended period (1 yr) ; it more or less just thins out & fades . So after about a year I recoat everything.Summit sells it for $7.95 a can.

http://buickgn.com/headersestyle.htm These are a good alternative. SE Style are made in US.
DSC00318.jpg

i really like the ta performance headers.however if your not ready to spend the coin or the stockers are in good condition,my advice would be to pull the stockers off and have them ceramic coated.looks great and is low cost just your time.

So you have a do it yourself recipe for ceramic coating? I want to do a bunch of stuff and the Jet Hot bill is gonna kill me.

So you have a do it yourself recipe for ceramic coating? I want to do a bunch of stuff and the Jet Hot bill is gonna kill me.
Jet Hot is not the only game in town. Try searching locally for a ceramic coating shop. I know where there is a nice one in the Portland, Or. area.

~JM~

Jet Hot is not the only game in town. Try searching locally for a ceramic coating shop. I know where there is a nice one in the Portland, Or. area.

~JM~

I know, but I've looked all over and can't find one within 200 miles. Not a lot of ceramic coating in South Dakota!

Gotcha. How far do you have to ship parts to Jet Hot?

I have heard rumors that the quality at Jet Hot isn't what it used to be. Of course this could all be sour grapes.

Good luck
~JM~