Head gaskets

I put RJCs on my car also this time.But everybody will tell you its usually better to blow the head gaskets than put a hole in the piston.Its all about the tune and less about what gasket you use.

X2 on the Felpros. I watched the track vid and can tell you the lean pops between 1st/2nd and 2nd/3rd didnt help. Also, I dont see a wideband in your sig, do you have one? What were the details on the dyno where it blew?

No I don't have a wideband as yet.
The pops on that vid were my fault just hitting limiter.
It was on it's second run with new 80lb injs and tweak chip. Was still on 16lbs of boost like before. They look like STD type gaskets not shim style.
I'm going to remove the motor and check it all out as I didn't build it.

seems as though head gaskets are the least of my problems..

now i have the engine out and apart it seems the engine wasn't assembled correctly anyway. Ive just received the RJC girdle instructions and mine wasn't assembled to their specs. I'm so glad Ive gone this far with breaking it all down and starting over, it was a ticking bomb from the start. with excessive sealant used everywhere from the oil pick tube and the girdle to the timing cover and the inlet manifold. the girdle was fitted without using the shims to set the correct gap to the oil pan circumference SO possibly the girdle could be bent and the caps weren't torqued correctly and clamped when it was first built.
Damn my first TB experience is turning into a trying one not to mention real expensive :rolleyes: