Hawk DTC-70 pads

Was bone stock and scary, now.
Hydroboost Master, stock calibers, SS lines, dimpled and slotted rotors.
Planned to do total big brake conversion but I think this will work just fine,

Last edited:
Ill have to look into it. Want to do the full upgrade just dont think im going to be able to this year so its worth a shot to try the pads and rotors seen how they work. Make sure to give me an update how they work at high speeds

Will do. Done with spring prep, couple data logs and I'll be set for the track.
Yeah I'm in the same boat, something always s$$ms to come up.

How is cold braking? I got a set of Performance Friction pads so it would stop fading when hot. Problem is cold braking has some scary moments....

Has anybody found a set of pads that doesn't dust the wheels? I have to wipe them down every time I take the car out but I'm very picky about brake dust. The last pads the previous owner put on and I don't know what they were. The pads I have now are napa ultra premium ceramic and the dust isn't as bad but I still have to wipe the wheels down everytime I take the car out

Has anybody found a set of pads that doesn't dust the wheels? I have to wipe them down every time I take the car out but I'm very picky about brake dust. The last pads the previous owner put on and I don't know what they were. The pads I have now are napa ultra premium ceramic and the dust isn't as bad but I still have to wipe the wheels down everytime I take the car out
i dont think their is any way around it.i too went ceramic.it helped alot but still wiping down every outing.

How is cold braking? I got a set of Performance Friction pads so it would stop fading when hot. Problem is cold braking has some scary moments....
Good question. I need to drive them some more to comment. I just did the recommended break in and tested with them heated. Based on the graph in the link these start to preform at 300 degrees, so it may be a concern for a DD. Concerned with holding boost too ...may have to drag brakes to the tree.
As far as dust, look elsewhere. These bite so hard I was expecting shavings.

2z4fe5f.jpg

Last edited:
Update. I've driven them 150 miles and one trip to the track last night.
On the street they are fine cold. Yes I make sure to heat them up a bit but it's not really even needed.
On the track I felt so confident in the run off area. Braking from 132 was a breeze and I could make the first turn off , something I couldn't before, These are perfect for the weekend cruise/race car. Very very happy with them.. taking the big brake kit off the to-do list.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. How would you rate the account of brake dust during street usage compared to other pads? Typical amount would be fine with me especially with stronger bite.

Typical amount is all you will see. Just came back from the track and they really make me smile. Brakes are not a concern. I held 11.2 psi on the line. There is however something new to report. The pad on the caliber side does not have the normal clips to attach it to the inside of the piston. Didn't think much about it until today, as the pads wear you get a bump rattle. Was concerning until I isolated it, now that I know what it is it's a small trade off for the great braking. As is the dust.

Also the dust comes off real easy. I've had other pads whose dust was a pain to remove. Most comes off with just the hose.

Last edited: