Having a serious powerband issue

brisbon

Guys please see my parts combo in my signature.

My car should be Alot faster than it is actually it is very fast im noticing the problem isnt that its a dog, instead its making all its power from 4-4500 to redline. I drive on the street and i cant enjoy it if im over reving it all the time just to get it to move.

Would it be my cam grind? If so do i need to advance or retard the cam timing to the crank via chain? And how many notches.

Or is it something else entirely?

Please help this means alot to me if its resolved.

Are you running a chip or FAST/BS3? Post some data logs. Fuel pressure? Spark plugs and gap? Is the cam sensor 180* out? Valve spring pressure?

Bryan

running a turbotweak 93 octane street chip, fp is regular 38lbs line off, sparkplug gap i "think" is .035 or whatever is stock. Car runs fine timing isnt out 180' the valve spring pressure is whatever came with the roller cam kit they look like beehives inner outter style.

I did notice a distinct fuel smell when i put my foot into it and let off withen a few seconds, (mototron60 series)im sorry i wish i had a data log, my wastegate is set with 14lb spring shimed to 15-16psi. No egr.

Are you running a chip or FAST/BS3? Post some data logs. Fuel pressure? Spark plugs and gap? Is the cam sensor 180* out? Valve spring pressure?

Bryan

I would check your wastegate acctuator rod adjustment. when you take it off, you should have to pull it 1/8" to reconnect it

No such thing, as my sig says i have an external wastegate, regardless thankyou for your response

Where are you located? Maybe someone close can help. Did this problem just start happening or did you purchase this car this way.

Fuel pressure should be 42-43 line off ( I run mine at 45). Check that your plugs are correct for the heads and gapped 030-034.
Who did the engine work?
Has your wastegate hole been enlarged on the turbo?
How is your boost controller hooked up?
Who's boost controller are you using?
Fuel filter been changed?
Are you running ALKY?
Pump gas or racing fuel?

Bryan

In fall river ma, its always been this way after everything i put in it when i built it, i didnt upgrade it from stock i tore it all apart and upgraded the car all at once while i restored it, my parts combo may be bad or in a real need of a fast efi ecm

Just turbonetics boost controller similar to a paintgun regulator from cottons, im having trouble remembering if i enlarged the wastegate hole on the exhaust housing i did for my 60series which i still have but now im using a 66series. Precision engine in dighton ma did the machine work. Everything on/in the car is new. Pump gas 93 no alky although installed the wiring isnt.

How fast do you think it should be with a low timing chip and low boost? That turbo is not really a linear power turbo like say a 70, I had one, felt like it had a powerband as well.
I say get a proper scantool working for you, install alky wiring, and go have some fun....

Maybe its your converter. I have a Precision 3200 stall and my turbo doesn't kick in until 3200 rpm on the street.