Have you seen these?

mapmaker

Plastic stuck in the frame on each side of my T. They could say SH or HS. Not sure if they were from the factory or someone stuck them in later.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391123097.484775.jpg

Yeah,me too.Don't flood the market on Ebay so I can get top dollar for mine also!!:confused:

So what does it mean? "Shit head" and "hot shit" ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That tells you the sound the air bag makes when it leaks........shhhhhhhh

Mine does not have them but could it be that only t-top cars came with them? :unsure: Anyways, I've always wondered what they're for...

Claude.

Sounds like a good Kirban Contest question!

I have them on both my 86 GN and ttype (astro roof and asc sun roof cars)
I think the ones without the emblem are probably slower.:eek:

they were production codes for the frames so the assembly line workers knew which suspension package was to be installed on a given frame.. if i'm not mistaken, that same code will be on your build sheet somewhere..
they are upside down because the frames were shipped stacked upside down and piled several high.

I had SH on my Buick. Swapped them out for SPD that I found on a Silverado. Most framed GM vehicles have these tags, what for I don't know.

Sent from my A110

they were production codes for the frames so the assembly line workers knew which suspension package was to be installed on a given frame.. if i'm not mistaken, that same code will be on your build sheet somewhere..
they are upside down because the frames were shipped stacked upside down and piled several high.

Eeyup.