have i hurt my tranny?

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
don't own a TR but have a 200r4 in my SS. I run my SS with converter unplugged because i hate the feelin of my car when it locks up. my question is will this create too much heat in my trans? i drive around in OD all the time and i have drove it this way for three years with no problem.

now i am having problems with my trans. it wont shift under mid to WOT throttle right now from first to second.. the RPMS will shoot way up until i let off and then it will shift firm like it always did. if i'm cruising under light throttle it will shift normal. the other gears the car just seems like its shifting into the next gear way early and its bogged down. the trans is a stock rebuild with a transgo shift kit and a stock converter. My TV cable is also calibrated to factory specs.

It sounds like you may have two different problems. The no 1-2 shift at WOT could be caused by low pump pressure or a leak somewhere. The short shifting in the 2-3, 3-4 could be your TCC solenoid is stuck on. By the way, it's not a good idea to run around without the lockup. It does cause excessive heat and wear in the trans.

thanks for the help! i think i will put a switch on the converter in the future. I'd like to see pics of those hursts if you have any... i have an 84 hurst thats i'm building and i had a gn motor i was gonna rebuild to put in it but i traded it to Bweavy for some brand new olds rallys.