have a few questions (tta related)

I recently acquired #1401 in pieces. Right now it has a gn short block with reman fwd heads. I have the sg1 block and original heads.

Is there a strength or oiling difference between a 109 and the sg1 block?

Does anyone know the dish cc of the tta piston? Lots of heresay on the subject but I haven't found any hard numbers.

Looking to get deep into the 10's in a full weight car. Will the gn crank and rods hold up?

The stock short block is a SG1 block (109 casting number) The SG1 and 109 are the very same block. A StageI motorsport block is a different animal all together. The stock TTA pistons do have a deeper dish to accomodate the smaller combustion chambers of the TTA/FWD heads. The stock short block is safe at power levels to run high tens, but deep in the tens the main caps, crank and rods are suspect for long term use. Tuning will be an issue to keep parts alive. The wimpy rear end is suspect with continuous 10 second blasts. Room in those cars is very limited for intercoolers and down pipes, ect. Fuel pumps are a serious pain to change. I would convert to an external pump and build a good 1/2" or larger pick-up tube. Do it once and do it right. You have to drop the exhaust and rear end to access the stock fuel pump unless you cut a big access hatch in the trunk floor.

It will get a 9 inch rear and supporting mods. I hadn't thought about an external pump. That may be the way to go.
If there's no difference I'll girdle the gn block and leave the original stuff in the corner.

If you are going to girdle the 109 block, step up to a forged bottom end. The cost of machining/installing the girdle would push me to buy a forged crank, rods and pistons. The cost isn't that bad these days. Might as well step up to a stroker crank, too. Better 60 ft times.

I recently acquired #1401 in pieces. Right now it has a gn short block with reman fwd heads. I have the sg1 block and original heads.

Is there a strength or oiling difference between a 109 and the sg1 block?

Does anyone know the dish cc of the tta piston? Lots of heresay on the subject but I haven't found any hard numbers.

Looking to get deep into the 10's in a full weight car. Will the gn crank and rods hold up?
Any updates on TTA1401? Curious about my old car.