Has anyone tried a water to air kit?

Is it possible to try water to air in these HA cars? Done it with every dsm ive owned but not to sure about whlith these has anyone done it? Is it worth it?

If you were building a race only car then it would be practical, but as a street car it's not.;)

I do disagree with that statement I love my water to air and I dont get as much turbo lag do to the short distance the air has to flow

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do disagree with that statement I love my water to air and I dont get as much turbo lag do to the short distance the air has to flow

If this is on a HA car please post pics. It might save the HA group a lot of headaches and make them faster.;)

for the cost of a nice air to water set up complete ... u could buy / build an intercooled car

Actually its on my syclone however I have modified a syclone intercooler to work when I finish my 2jz conquest

If you are thrifty u can build a water to air for about 300 bucks

I love mine it is so fun to tear up a Mustang it what they think is a s10

I was referring to it's use on a HA car Derrik, not any other application.:rolleyes:

what laws of physics are different on a hot air Regal than on any other car with an internal combustion engine?
cold air is cold air- the engine doesn't care how it gets that way...

what laws of physics are different on a hot air Regal than on any other car with an internal combustion engine?
cold air is cold air- the engine doesn't care how it gets that way...

You'd need to do basically the same as a spearco kit and then add the water arond the intercooler Derrik. It's not the laws of physics and much as the fabrication. If you didn't go with a spearco style kit then you'd need to cut the intake open to add the intercooler inside along with all the plumbing associated. It's not practical.;)

The cost of a full kit i could get for around $275-$300 intercooling it with a front mount would lag right? Ive used the kit on a few of my 450+ hp street car dsm's why would it be any different?? Im currently driving the GN daily but plan to sit her down for awhile and rebuild it and i just wanted to see if anyone else has had success with these HA cars and this type of set up

You'd need to do basically the same as a spearco kit and then add the water arond the intercooler Derrik. It's not the laws of physics and much as the fabrication. If you didn't go with a spearco style kit then you'd need to cut the intake open to add the intercooler inside along with all the plumbing associated. It's not practical.;)

i've always kind of envisioned reclocking the turbo so that it shoots the boost forward to the intercooler that's mounted above the intake manifold... then shoot the cold air out of the intercooler back towards the inlet at the back of the intake manifold... the "water" part has is just plumbed into that with the heat exchanger mounted in front of the radiator.. i looked into it a few years ago, and all the parts are available to do it except for the tube from the cold side of the intercooler to the intake manifold.