Has anyone done a Type II ingition swap

on the type II coils looking from the front of the car the back left(passenger side) 4-2-6,front starting with the passinger side are 1-5-3

Ed

this is the right way to hook up the wires:confused: go to the caspers web site, he has a full right up on the swap

Ok iam soooooooooo confused so iam going to start from the top. I have a 87
Buick Lesabre T type 3.8 FWD. I relocated my Magnovox coil setup from above the rear valve cover ( stock area ) to the same area as the 88/89
3800 Buick Lesabre T types, near the Alt. Less heat and i just ceramic coated my valve covers and intake manifold. Wanted to show off the back valve cover. I got the coils and ICM off a 87 3.8 Lesabre that was a Delco
Type II. All parts tested ok at Auto Zone at witch i watched while he tested them. I installed the new systen in the car and it tried to start missing and poping but never started sounding like the timing was way off. Now here is where iam getting lost, the way the car is now if your standing in front off the car looking at the motor passanger side back bank is 2 4 6 front bank
starting closet to pass side 1 3 5. Now for the Type II coils remember they are relocated along side the alt now so from front to back the coils read
1 4 5 2 3 6. I have tried wiring the plugs everyway that the post has mention
and still nothing. I think this car just wants to stay Magnovox. I hate to be a pain in the butt i have been trying to do this swap for weeks now. Thanks for all your help. Aggie.

Ok iam soooooooooo confused so iam going to start from the top. I have a 87
Buick Lesabre T type 3.8 FWD. I relocated my Magnovox coil setup from above the rear valve cover ( stock area ) to the same area as the 88/89
3800 Buick Lesabre T types, near the Alt.

There's some need to know info. I thought you were talking about a GN conversion :confused:

Are you sure you didn't mess something up extending the wiring? There is like 15 wires...... very easily could have been hosed....

I just dropped mine in where the stock Magnivox came out... and wired my plug wires up per the numbering marked on the Delco coils....

It looks like you have complicated the troubleshooting process..... hopefully some of us here can help you through this....

When i lenthen the wiring harness i did 1 wire at a time, there were 14 wires.
Iam running the Magnovox setup right now and using the car as my everyday
driver ( 170 miles a week ) it runs fine. Just want to update it, iam on the
Lesabret.com site and would just like to swap over to Delco. I got all the info
for the swap from the guys there and i know they wouldnt steer me wrong
on the setup. We used the A/C Delco site for all the doner car ICMs so i know
i have the right parts, i just seems like no one on the lesabre site has done
this swap on a 87 BLT. They have done it on 88/89 BLT ( Buick Lesabre T type ). I feel like the giney pig. Many thanks to all of everyone replys and help. Aggie. If i knew how to post pics on this site you would see one sweet
FWD Ttype. Aggie. You can see it on The Buick Lesabre T-type Page under Aggie.