Intermittent fuel pump priming.

krisking94

As the title states fuel pump wouldn't prime this morning. Previously I had found that my orange power wire was coming out of the Ecu connector, bought a new terminal and fixed that wiring. Did great for a while after that until this morning. Same issue. Previously though when the orange wire was the issue whenever it wasn't connecting the CEL light would just stick on solid when I powered the car on, so then I knew it wasn't connected. This morning the light flashed twice then stayed on as it should, indicating the Ecu is ready. Now idk if I'm relay is the issue, i have a spare to swap in and I'll try that later today. Now when I pull the relay off of the connector it has a bunch of black gunk in it. Is that just old dio grease or indication of something else? I will be checking the A1 fuel pump prime terminal to see if it is jacked up. I also need to check how much Volt is getting to the relay wire (black and green I believe) and I'll go ahead and check how much is getting to the orange power wire to be safe. Does anybody know what kind of voltage they should be getting? Also is there some sort of chart or pin point test I can look at to help narrow this issue down. Any guidance would be much appreciated, this car is becoming an electrical gremlin

Btw, injectors are brand new (42# green band) fuel filter is less than 6 months old (ac delco) fuel pump is same age as the filter (Deatsschwerck300lph) fuel regulator is same age as well (kirban adj reg) I'll have to have an assistant with me to feel the relays as I power on the car but the Hotwire relay in the back had clicked and turned on everytime during my previous issue.

Have you checked fuses?

Will it run if you feed power to the prime wire behind the alternator?

Have you checked fuses?

Yea just plugged the hood light connection to the fuel pump test wire and as soon as they make contact pump turns on and the FP gauge starts reading fuel

Have you checked fuses?

And yes all fuses are good except INST LPS, but my gauge cluster lights up just fine. Weird. Believe my problem might be the terminal for A1 fuel pump prime pin. Terminal was kinda loose, I pulled it out doesn't look damaged, it has a slight bit dirty.

A1 goes to pin A "grn/wht wire" on the fuel pump relay plug. That should see 12v for 2 seconds when the key is turned on. Keep in mind the key has to be off for 30 sec for the ecm to send the signal again. If you cycle the key to fast, you will not get the signal. If that's working, check for power on pin D "pnk/blk wire" on the fuel pump relay plug with the key on.

A1 goes to pin A "grn/wht wire" on the fuel pump relay plug. That should see 12v for 2 seconds when the key is turned on. Keep in mind the key has to be off for 30 sec for the ecm to send the signal again. If you cycle the key to fast, you will not get the signal. If that's working, check for power on pin D "pnk/blk wire" on the fuel pump relay plug with the key on.
I will check that out today, I was also looking at a schematic last night of the fuel wiring. How much of a chance is it that ground1200 is the issue. Looks like it's grounded with a black/white wire and on the ground another tan/white wire is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.PNG
    IMG_0726.PNG
    187.4 KB · Views: 56