Hartline Fiberglass Hood

gnloyalty877

t'squick6
For those who are running one of hartlines hoods how are you attaching the hood spring to the hood or the body and are you guys using the stock latch? Any pics would be helpful.

Although I've never seen one 'in person'', I've heard that it's the nicest fiberglass hood for GN's...I assume you use the stock latch and spring system
Curiously, I've looked on Hartline's web site and never saw it . :confused:

Claude. :redface:

I figured out how to run the spring. Now my question is what type spring should i use as i would assume the stock is to stiff.

Most people use a starter bendex.

Thanks for the kind words, Claude

What is the weight savings for the bolt-on hood? Fiberglass bolt-on trunk?

Mike

Last time I heard Hartline refused to ship this due to it getting damaged during shipping. Is that still the case? I would really like to purchase one but I'm all the way in California.

We will ship but it's expensive. Probably a couple hundred to CA. If you're still interested, call Holly Monday and she can give you an exact price.

One of the best hoods you can buy. I used a spring from a dodge van. I attached it to the hood but run no secondary latch. I run little hood clips in the corners.

I loved mine!!!! Sold the car, wish I would have kept the hood!!!
IMG_0743.jpg

I would definitely recommend hood pins of some sort of you are not running a secondary latch. The factory does the secondary safety for a reason. If you have a hood fly up you will figure out why real quick.

the safety latch bolts up as it would for factory . the spring needs to be a little lighter and installed on the rad support with the tail under the radiator top plate