hardened front drum

SIXBANGR

mean old man
where can I get one? I don't think I need billet for a mid 11 sec car. I have only made 2 passes in the past year and put about 10,000 hiway miles on it.

If either one of you needs a drum call tomorrow and I will do you right.Ask for me on the phone.

SIXBANGR said:
where can I get one? I don't think I need billet for a mid 11 sec car. I have only made 2 passes in the past year and put about 10,000 hiway miles on it.

$75

I wouldn't trust that CK Guy.........LOL. I hear he sent them out to China and are now making them out of plastic!, $9.95 What a deal! LOL. He will hook you up all right.
Just playino_O

Truthfully, You want a billet shafted forward drum. NOT A HARDENED PIECE! If you do a search for when we tested all the different drums at Boeing, the hardened ones broke easier than the stock ones under tensile strength tests. The yeild was not all that great either. For the little bit of extra money, get the right part.
Whether you purchse it from CK, Janis, Kurtz or PTS (us) for that matter, do it once and do it right.
I love ole Art Carr, but lately I have had customer after customer, with issues lately that are just plain stupid issues that Art addressed totally wrong. Even I was surprised, and if I wasn't monitering the phone calls, I would have NEVER believed that he was telling this customer what he was on the phone. I was shocked to say the least. I hope ole Art isn't losing it. Bad , bad information and customer service. Not bad mouthing, just shocked at what he was telling these customers.

Go to "Strengthening the 2004r" at the top of the forum for details on the drums.

Do it once, DO IT RIGHT!

I've seen a company selling them on eBay reasonably.

THE BILLET FORWARD DRUMS, BILLET INPUT SHAFTS AND BILLET PLANETS AND RING GEARS THAT ARE ON CRAIGSLIST AND EBAY ARE MINE!

Yes, you have and they are NOT finished and it is my old machinest who figured he would sell my drums behind my back in my market to make some xtra money.
My design, my blanks and I think this is just plain wrong! Screwed again by my own guy! Super huh?

PLEASE......I would like to ask that NOBODY buys these from him as he thought he could cut me out and sell direct. He has NOTHING to do with transmissions and knows ZERO about our trans'. He was contracted to make the parts for me, not sell them out from under me once he saw the market. He CANNOT give you any other info about a trans or what exactly the parts do. He just makes the part. Most people who call to order parts always have some kind of question pertaining to what they are doing and most of us are very happy to help and/or assist. But guys like this cannot answer any of your questions, just send them the money and they send you a part. They have zero tech on anything and try to get them to answer any questions. Good luck on an answer. Also, if you have a question about assembly they know nothing.
Show some LOYALTY for all the time,inginuity, and money, I, (or others in their particular field) have spent and given to the Turbobuick.com family. See, if this continues to happen throughout the industry, whether it be a trans part, interior part or whatever, nobody is going to come up with NEW products or upgraded parts for ours cars cause NOBODY wants to put time and money into something that will just be copied , then sold cheaper in both quality and money, than the person who originally made it or produced it. It has already started happening. Chris and I had a long, long long talk about this just recently. So What I am asking is show some SUPPORT for one of your own and make a statement. Support the people and business' that support and care about YOU! If you don't, down the road you will have no new products and/or designs.

Footnote:
They need to be finished and if you do not have the proper specs and equipment, you can get into trouble.

Put the billet one in there. You will never regret it. Why skimp when you are in the trans and you KNOW you will NEVER be satisfied with the power level. We always want more and strive to make more. You will never make less power. So do it right now and you are good to go down the road. You are already passed the ability of that part with your application and why build in a possible suspected failure? Then if it fails, you have to spend MORE money later :mad: and by that point if you would have gone billet now, you would not be incurring the additinal cost later, not to mention they never fail when it is conveinient. Then you have a tow charge on top of that. Do the math, you are better off doing it now and I know it sounds cocky but it is very good advice. Trust me. ;)

Put the billet one in there. You will never regret it. Why skimp when you are in the trans and you KNOW you will NEVER be satisfied with the power level. We always want more and strive to make more. You will never make less power. So do it right now and you are good to go down the road. You are already passed the ability of that part with your application and why build in a possible suspected failure? Then if it fails, you have to spend MORE money later :mad: and by that point if you would have gone billet now, you would not be incurring the additinal cost later, not to mention they never fail when it is conveinient. Then you have a tow charge on top of that. Do the math, you are better off doing it now and I know it sounds cocky but it is very good advice. Trust me. ;)
I cant really ad anytjing to this.I have already started to leave the buildng and am concentrating on other things for the same reasons mentioned Bruce.You can only refry beans so many times.I am looking into a souvlaki(shishkbob) cart.

I hear he sent them out to China and are now making them out of plastic!

:D

Back in the 1980's I had a nightmare about GM making a 200C using 80% plastic. The friction surfaces & some of the springs were steel, but the case, sun shell, etc. were plastic. I glad Hydramatic never got that idea. :p

All should listen to Bruce's comments I have broken three so first one stock two after hardened and now have billet don't make the same mistake I did I was only a high 11.80 car at the time too

Well if it was your design PTS then Y was someone else called in to help U with the lawsuit involving the guy down in Bakerfield area say yr 2000.

THE BILLET FORWARD DRUMS, BILLET INPUT SHAFTS AND BILLET PLANETS AND RING GEARS THAT ARE ON CRAIGSLIST AND EBAY ARE MINE!

Yes, you have and they are NOT finished and it is my old machinest who figured he would sell my drums behind my back in my market to make some xtra money.
My design, my blanks and I think this is just plain wrong! Screwed again by my own guy! Super huh?

PLEASE......I would like to ask that NOBODY buys these from him as he thought he could cut me out and sell direct. He has NOTHING to do with transmissions and knows ZERO about our trans'. He was contracted to make the parts for me, not sell them out from under me once he saw the market. He CANNOT give you any other info about a trans or what exactly the parts do. He just makes the part. Most people who call to order parts always have some kind of question pertaining to what they are doing and most of us are very happy to help and/or assist. But guys like this cannot answer any of your questions, just send them the money and they send you a part. They have zero tech on anything and try to get them to answer any questions. Good luck on an answer. Also, if you have a question about assembly they know nothing.
Show some LOYALTY for all the time,inginuity, and money, I, (or others in their particular field) have spent and given to the Turbobuick.com family. See, if this continues to happen throughout the industry, whether it be a trans part, interior part or whatever, nobody is going to come up with NEW products or upgraded parts for ours cars cause NOBODY wants to put time and money into something that will just be copied , then sold cheaper in both quality and money, than the person who originally made it or produced it. It has already started happening. Chris and I had a long, long long talk about this just recently. So What I am asking is show some SUPPORT for one of your own and make a statement. Support the people and business' that support and care about YOU! If you don't, down the road you will have no new products and/or designs.

Footnote:
They need to be finished and if you do not have the proper specs and equipment, you can get into trouble.

Well if it was your design PTS then Y was someone else called in to help U with the lawsuit involving the guy down in Bakerfield area say yr 2000.