Hard Start

cwmccray

Undercover TURBO Brother
I recently got the T Type back together to move it to my new house. Tank was bone dry. Filled tank with fuel. Left ignition on as I checked the fuel pressure at the rail. Car starts with ether. Will not start with gas from tank. Fuel rail full of gas. Dash is doing the MATRIX screen? Car will crank with ether sprayed in TB. After it runs for 10-15 secs. It dies. Will not start again until ether is sprayed again. Any ideas?

Check for injector pulse

Go down to Autozone and ask for a noid lite loan - a - tool (will have to find someone that knows what they're doing). If they say they dont have it, tell them to check again.

Anyways, plug the noid lite in to number 1, or 5 injector which ever is easier to get to. Spray your ether than crank your car.

The noid lite should flash if your getting injector signal.

If not, check the injector fuse under dash, injection harness connector under coil.

And I think the cam sensor times the injectors maybe?

Anyways the experts will chime in here in a while these were a few ideas I had.

Good luck,

Jerry Jr.

Both above are good suggestions, I'll also add that you need to use a test light to see if the pump is gettein power when it's supposed to. You may have a relay that's either not getting signal or stuck open. Can you hear the pump running if you turn the car on?

My car has been in pieces in a relatives basement for about 1 to 2 years. There was a issue with mice finding a home under the hood. I did check all the connections and retaped the insulation the mice ate:mad: I will go by AUTOZONE and get the Noid light.. I had the steering column out of the car to keep it from being stolen:eek: It did draw attention where it was :mad:. I will check fuses and fuel pump this weekend. Thanks to everyone that responded.....:cool:

BTW, Jerry .... Your car is AWESOME..... I have duplicate parts and a BIGGER hole in my pocket:cool:

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, I'm still breaking the new cam in. I'll change the break in oil out, turn the alky on, and lay the wood to it one day.

For now, I'm a little apprehensive.

I did give it around 15 - 16 psi the other day for about 3 seconds and the tires were starting to cry. Feels good, and I just rolled into the throttle and it started spinning from a roll with 2 people in the car. Had to get out of it because the boost controller is still set at around 20psi (I believe).

I haven't boosted the car hard yet with the new heads so the boost pressure may go down due to the reduced restriction through the motor.

Jerry Jr.